1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Back when I was running my car in auto-x's ESP it was fun times, but I could never best the other cars ending up in that class that were much less heavy and girthy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
love these wheels.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hopefully i can do the last autocross of the year in michigan on the 7th . i installed the rear sway bar on friday so i am still in g stock

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hopefully i can do the last autocross of the year in michigan on the 7th . i installed the rear sway bar on friday so i am still in g stock
GS is a good place to be. The car can compete VERY well on a local level. On a national level, you need a new R-design to compete.

Nice pics. I can see some heavy lean if I take the VR out there as is.
If you look at my last picture in the set, you can see the difference between the front and rear body roll. The front has 550 pound linear springs, the rear has the KW springs. Rear linear springs are definitely a necessity.

Here's a picture of the car on all 4 KW springs (tons of body roll)

And here's a picture of it stock with a rear sway (tons of body roll)

·
Registered
73 Posts
at the last auto cross i was at there where 17 car in g stock 5 of them went to Lincoln the week before. i did FSAE for 3 years its a wired transition switching to a full size caR from a FSAE car . i thought about using the re71r for next year .

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome! Whats your wheel/tire setup?
17x9 Fast Wheel Hayakus with Toyo R1Rs. I hate these tires with a firey passion. I wouldn't buy them again if someone paid me to. I'm going to step down to 255 next year for a better tire selection and a stiffer sidewall. 275 is a bit wide for a 9" wheel

at the last auto cross i was at there where 17 car in g stock 5 of them went to Lincoln the week before. i did FSAE for 3 years its a wired transition switching to a full size caR from a FSAE car . i thought about using the re71r for next year .
Basically you can't win in any street tires class if you don't have RE71Rs.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
...Basically you can't win in any street tires class if you don't have RE71Rs.
Thanks for the feedback. Those are at the top of my list for my S2000. I plan to upsizing one to 225 in the front and 255 in the rear.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Those are at the top of my list for my S2000. I plan to upsizing one to 225 in the front and 255 in the rear.
Square setups work best for autocross. See if you can run 255 in the front as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts