SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter took her '95 850 T to the mall for a movie the other night. Came out & security said to call them.

Some one witnessed a guy (39 yrs old) repeadity slam his door into the side of the Volvo.

Bent the thing in, including the black rub rail.$800 est from body shop.

An 18 yr old kid was good enough to get plate # & desc of jerk.

Cops called, they questioned him & paint matches his car.

Kid said the guy was with his son & couldn't squeeze in easily to get into the car, so grabbed door with both hands & wailed away! He said the Volvo was rocking back & forth.

Got his name/address/ph, but letting insurance handle. Guy sounds like a nut case.

The witness actually came down to Police Dept next day to give full report. Really nice of him to do so & I called & thanked him for doing the right thing.

Too bad the world is full of the jerks like this guy, but glad I had a 18 yr old with some sense of values.

Maybe there is hope yet.

Glad she wasn't driving Wifes V70, or my Cruiser!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Some Ahole did $800 damage to my car with his door! (Roverguy)

Sounds like a nut case.... wonder if he realized his car had doors on the other side too? Good thing your daughter was not around at the time.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Some Ahole did $800 damage to my car with his door! (Roverguy)

some lady gave me a dirty look and shouted at me, "can't u park? why are u so close to the line?" i said.. "uhhh... did u not see the rest of the cars? they're all parked like that.. where am i supposed to park?" the thing is, it wasn't like she had a passenger..
some ppl. me me me..

u should buy the witness a nice dinner or something. that was awfully nice of them to even go to the police station to help file the report.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Re: Some Ahole did $800 damage to my car with his door! (steve s)

This is precisely why I try to park as far away from other people as possible

Sorry to read about this ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
try to tell that to a 17 yr old!, Getting damage est from ins co. today, hopefully it won't be a small claims as he wasn't driving the car, used it like a base ball bat...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Nebor)

Quote, originally posted by Nebor »
I'd hook your witness up with a nice little reward, like a $50 gift card to a restaurant or store or something. He did you a huge favor!
REALLY http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts