SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone who has installed coilovers experienced excessive negative camber in the rear? (I'm currently at -2.3 in the left rear) If so, have you found a solution to correct this? So far I've only found one company that offers a camber kit, but there are no real world reviews. i guess another solution is to just raise the rear a bit so the wheels aren't so tilted in. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts or solutions.

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've installed two sets of these

I've installed two sets of these - on a 2015 S60 and a 2015 V60, both had the sport suspension which appears to increase the camber, especially in the rear (both were between -2 to -3 degrees). While the handling was great, this was eating tires at a rapid rate. I found the Megan kits to be very well built and sturdy, and installed without any real difficulty. There's great adjust-ability by threading the rod - I found the approximate steps (half turns) to be about .2 degrees per half turn. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck, Scott

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've installed two sets of these - on a 2015 S60 and a 2015 V60, both had the sport suspension which appears to increase the camber, especially in the rear (both were between -2 to -3 degrees). While the handling was great, this was eating tires at a rapid rate. I found the Megan kits to be very well built and sturdy, and installed without any real difficulty. There's great adjust-ability by threading the rod - I found the approximate steps (half turns) to be about .2 degrees per half turn. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck, Scott
Agreed. While I don't have these on my V60, I've run the exact same arms on my Mazdaspeed 6 and svt focus with great success. The only thing I would recommend is using some sort of anti seize on the threads. Especially true if you live in a northern, road salt heavy climate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys!

Agreed. While I don't have these on my V60, I've run the exact same arms on my Mazdaspeed 6 and svt focus with great success. The only thing I would recommend is using some sort of anti seize on the threads. Especially true if you live in a northern, road salt heavy climate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sport suspension V60 here, have over -2 camber in the back and it aggravates me that the dealer just shrugs their shoulder at this. Even if they just had separate specs for that kit I'd feel better I'm not seeing a number in red every time I go in and get their free alignment check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts