SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Do you Agree my Contract is Unlimited for Brakes, Rotors, and Wipers based upon the terms specificed

• Yes, I agree the Plan is Unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think you are reading too deep into the contract

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes, I agree the Plan is Unlimited and a Consumer Complaint with the Attorney General is warranted.

Votes: 3 42.9%
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
when your opponent resorts to name calling, you know they don't have the facts on their side. As any sharp tool would know, you cannot expect them to replace your brakes/rotors when your service contract ends - that definition exists only in your mind's eye. They have replaced your wiper blades 7 times - sounds to me like they have fulfilled their end of the bargain.
-- The service contract which includes brakes, rotors, pads, and wipers has 19,000 miles / 16 months left. How do you not grasp this concept? The same difficulty you have understanding the difference between a "DA" and an Attorney General. I'm adding you to ignore. This conversation isn't going anywhere productive and you're hijacking my thread for nonsense.

·
Registered
59 Posts
you can add me to ignore if you like, but that would preclude my trying to steer you back along the path to reality. BTW, your stated definition of a contract is not correct - looks like something you snagged off the net. I could describe to you the four elements of a contract - but you seem not to be open to learning.

you should try to enjoy your volvo ownership experience, instead of imagining hypothetical scenarios where the dealership tries to screw you - you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar - isn't that the saying? I guess if I were a sharp tool, I would know this!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
BACK ON TRACK:

I contacted Volvo today seeking an update, after hearing nothing back, again requesting a copy of the literature Ali referenced in his denial. Well Betty (not sure where Ali is at), is still in the process of "researching my request". After Betty originally tried to pass off the 2019 Brochure as the source literature for Ali's denial.

We shall see what happens. You'd think Ali would have made notes and included his "proof" with the original denial. My guess is Volvo can't locate anything, because neither their brochure nor my contract, state the alleged limitations.

·
Vendor
30 Posts
BACK ON TRACK:

I contacted Volvo today seeking an update, after hearing nothing back, again requesting a copy of the literature Ali referenced in his denial. Well Betty (not sure where Ali is at), is still in the process of "researching my request". After Betty originally tried to pass off the 2019 Brochure as the source literature for Ali's denial.

We shall see what happens. You'd think Ali would have made notes and included his "proof" with the original denial. My guess is Volvo can't locate anything, because neither their brochure nor my contract, state the alleged limitations.
Our AMM is helping and speaking with Customer Care to help you with this.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just following up to ask if you've made any positive progress.
Good timing, was getting ready to post my "Newest Email".

Volvo Customer Care admitted they are "Wrong", but are now trying to figure out how to quantify their "New Position". Proving, they have no justification for denying me wipers or later on brakes, and rotors.

Response:

I am still researching this. Since we are using a carrier now the older postings have been removed. I believe the literature Ali was referring to was for the newer policies. I hope to have more information soon. I do remember with the older policy, wiper blades were replaced when worn or every twelve months. I just haven't been able to find the posting.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Betty
Volvo Consumer Relations Center

·
Vendor
30 Posts
Good timing, was getting ready to post my "Newest Email".

Volvo Customer Care admitted they are "Wrong", but are now trying to figure out how to quantify their "New Position". Proving, they have no justification for denying me wipers or later on brakes, and rotors.

Response:

I am still researching this. Since we are using a carrier now the older postings have been removed. I believe the literature Ali was referring to was for the newer policies. I hope to have more information soon. I do remember with the older policy, wiper blades were replaced when worn or every twelve months. I just haven't been able to find the posting.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Betty
That's great to hear. Please let me know the result and if you need any other help.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
That's great to hear. Please let me know the result and if you need any other help.
What has your AMM come to discover? What has Volvo told your AMM?

I wouldn't call my latest email a positive result quite yet. Betty is stating wipers when worn or every 12 months "from memory". Again, the position of every 12 months is false. When Worn is accurate.

I did reply to her again with the literature and my position that no limitations existed on when wipers, brakes, or rotors could be replaced. Again highlighting the only statements made were Wear coverage on the vehicle is from 0–100,000 miles.

Wear Item Coverage includes wiper blades, brake pads and rotors, allowing worry-free ownership with virtually no maintenance expenses. Wear Item Coverage begins from time of purchase, see examples below.

Examples:

• A new MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold, and the customer purchases a seven service package with wear item coverage. Wear coverage on the vehicle is from 0–100,000 miles.

• A new MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold, and the customer decides not to purchase an FSM
Optional Upgrade at that time. The customer visits the service department for their first complimentary FSM
service, and decides to purchase a seven service FSM package with wear item coverage. At that time, the
vehicle has 11,000 miles. That vehicle will now have wear coverage from 11,000–100,000 miles.

• A used MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold with 26,000 miles, and the customer purchases a seven That vehicle will have wear coverage from 26,000–100,000 miles.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Betty's Latest Reply:

I have read though all of this. I hope to have more information today. I am unable to go to the retailer until I have completed my research.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Betty

MY REPLY:

Hello Betty,

Thank you very much for your continued assistance. I truly appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to reference the literature I provided this time around, and fully understand you must complete your research before making a final decision.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Problem SOLVED:

1. Thank you to @rileyvolvo for his assistance and his AMM's assistance.
2. Thanks to Betty (unlike Ali) who took the time to read my contract, brochure, and Volvo Literature.

I was able to verify you do not have a limit on wiper blades. I left a voice mail for Tom at your retailer to let him know he can put the claim through.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Betty

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I am very happy you got this resolved correctly rather than going to your state's AG.
I am, too. I was very apprehensive about going to the AG, and am glad Volvo decided to step up, and honor their service contract. No one walks away with hard feeling's now. I'll get the wipers swapped out tomorrow at the local dealer (not my servicing). Spoke to them today.

Servicing Dealer (usual advisor) couldn't help but laugh at the situation. He said you've always gotten wipers no issue. I said "Yep", I told you my policy had no limits. He chuckled and said I'll let my Service Manager know Volvo left him a voicemail / email stating the same.

As I told my usual advisor, this was more about brakes than wipers. With back brakes being done at 50 or 60k, there's a very good chance they'll need done at 100k. So then we're talking about more than a $50-$60 set of wipers. And if Volvo was "bucking now", nothing to say I wouldn't get the same "Policy Exhausted" speech down the road.

·
Vendor
30 Posts
Problem SOLVED:

1. Thank you to @rileyvolvo for his assistance and his AMM's assistance.
2. Thanks to Betty (unlike Ali) who took the time to read my contract, brochure, and Volvo Literature.

I was able to verify you do not have a limit on wiper blades. I left a voice mail for Tom at your retailer to let him know he can put the claim through.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Betty
No problem. We're glad to help you resolve this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
kemosaabe,
You stated: “When your opponent resorts to name-calling...”

And a couple of replies up the column, you closed with: “condescending, hostile, rude, entitled”.

Looks to me that that’s where the name-calling began. Yes, he said you might not be the sharpest tool, but that was after your post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,

So I've helped a ton of people on here get results. I've had good luck myself in the past getting resolutions to my own issues. However, I am very disappointed with Volvo Corporate's response at the moment. Volvo is "reneging" the terms of the Prepaid Maintenance + Wear Contract that was attached to my vehicle in 2016 at the time of purchase. FSMUC7C.

I am attaching a Copy of the Contract I signed (Minus First Page which only includes my Personal Information). Along with the Brochure for the Maintenance Plan (Contract.PDF) FSMUC7C (7 years or 100000 miles / wear coverage)

You'll notice absent from my contract or the Brochure are limitations on the number Wipers, Brakes, Rotors. Volvo is now trying to "arbitrarily" state I have exhausted Wiper Coverage and assign limits to my policy.

Wear Item Coverage includes wiper blades, brake pads and rotors, allowing worry-free ownership with virtually no maintenance expenses. Wear Item Coverage begins from time of purchase, see examples below.

ADD SEVEN SERVICES + Wear Item Coverage up to 100K
40K, 50K, 60K, 70K, 80K, 90K & 100K Services

Examples (From Attached Brochure)

A new MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold, and the customer purchases a seven service package with wear item coverage. Wear coverage on the vehicle is from 0–100,000 miles.
A new MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold, and the customer decides not to purchase an FSM Optional Upgrade at that time. The customer visits the service department for their first complimentary FSM service, and decides to purchase a seven service FSM package with wear item coverage. At that time, the vehicle has 11,000 miles. That vehicle will now have wear coverage from 11,000–100,000 miles.
A used MY2015, MY2014 or MY2013 vehicle is sold with 26,000 miles, and the customer purchases a seven service package with wear item coverage. That vehicle will have wear coverage from 26,000–100,000 miles.

Volvo's New Contract clearly spells out limits to Brakes, Rotors, and Wipers:

Program Length
Components Included

3-year 2 Wipers, 1 Set of Front Brake Pads
5-year 4 Wipers, 1 Set of Front Brake Pads, 1 Set of Rear Brake Pads, Front Rotor, 1 Rear Rotor
7-year 6 Wipers, 2 Sets of Front Brake Pads, 1 Set of Rear Break Pads, 1 Front Rotor, 1 Rear Rotor
10-year 8 Wipers, 2 Sets of Front Pads, 2 Sets of Rear Brake Pads, 2 Front Rotors, 2 Rear Rotors

Here is Volvo's Reply:

According to the dealer your contract shows that you are eligible for (4) four sets up wipers during the (7) seven service visits and there are also limitations as to the numbers of Factory Scheduled Maintenance you are eligible for. Please your vehicle service history to ensure you did not go over the amount of services you are eligible for under your contract. Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns

MY QUESTION:

Do you agree / disagree on my interpretation? I feel Volvo is trying to "modify" the terms of my contract based upon limitations and revisions Volvo placed on New Policies being sold (New Contract.PDF). And now arbitrarily trying to impose limits on my plan, too.

As Volvo has denied my grievance, I am strongly considering contacting my state's Attorney General's Office and filing a consumer complaint.

Input Welcome.
It appears Volvo has gone down the tubes after they were acquired by the Chinese company. I traded mine for a Toyota and would Neve purchase another of their inferior products.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
kemosaabe,
You stated: “When your opponent resorts to name-calling...”

And a couple of replies up the column, you closed with: “condescending, hostile, rude, entitled”.

Looks to me that that’s where the name-calling began. Yes, he said you might not be the sharpest tool, but that was after your post.
Well after the umpteenth time of him being condescending and referring to the Attorney General as the "DA" (District Attorney), saying he wasn't the sharpest tool wasn't far off base.

None the less, Volvo resolved my issue after initial major push back. Clearly, @kemosaabe and his opinion were invalidated. Not that I gave him any credence to start.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
It appears Volvo has gone down the tubes after they were acquired by the Chinese company. I traded mine for a Toyota and would Neve purchase another of their inferior products.
Ownership of Volvo wasn't the issue here. It was Volvo Customer Care failing to adhere to the terms of the old service contract. Customer Care "conveniently or inconveniently" had no reference to the old literature. So they grounded their argument in the 2019 literature, becoming unyielding and uncompromising to reason. Even after I furnished my contract and brochure.

It wasn't until I took another approach, "show me the literature that says I've got limitations", did Volvo acquiesce and admit their mistake. Their initial response was to show me the 2019 brochure, and I replied back with the 2015 brochure. Again saying the 2019 terms weren't applicable. After "researching", Volvo came to the conclusion they in fact had no basis for denying my wiper claims (or future brake claims).

With the help of @rileyvolvo, this issue was then resolved.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Legally, you have nothing covering you for the wear items. The original contract is about Factory Scheduled Maintenance and not wear items. There is nothing in that contract referencing wear items. The brochure you attached to the old contract is irrelevant because it is not referenced in the contract and is not part of the contract, regardless of what it says about wear items. Your state AG may be able to help by persuasion, but there is nothing I see here that legally obligates the dealership to do anything regarding the wear items. I would not have signed this "contract" if you can even call it that. Buying ANY extended warranty or pre-paid maintenance is not something I would ever recommend for anyone. I could buy a whole new Volvo with the money I've saved from never buying an extended warranty on anything for 40 years.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts