SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD! Thanks for looking.

Considering selling the sonic, my loss is your gain. Sadly I bought a lemon (not a lemon anymore) and now that it's back from the dead I can't afford it. You can read the details in the thread linked in my signature. If you don't want to do that, the summary is that I blew a turbo and then sucked a valve into the second turbo.

The good: 117K on the body and interior, new (used) motor with 113k on it from Erie Vo-vo, from a 2008 T5 so it's the thick walled 2.4 motor with an R head. 100% stage 0 with all seals, belts, filters, plugs, coils, driveline fluids, etc. Brand new tires, brakes, alignment, control arm bushings, goes 90 like it's standing still. Runs perfect and just passed emissions.

Mild mods, Snabb intake and intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, stock turbo and stock tune. Interior is nice but not perfect, previous owner had his kids in it a lot and there are a few scratches in the door panels and seats. Standard driver's seat bolster wear.

Had the car PDR'd so there are zero dings.

The bad: Salvage title, has had bodywork. Driver's rear quarter and hood/front bumper have been repainted. Not perfect but not bad, I still get complements on the car everywhere I go. I'd put the exterior at about 7/10. Light scratches all over that should be detailed out. Windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced.

$8,900 firm.

Recent pictures, sorry they're in the rain. 17" pegs with a little brake dust build up but zero rash or bends. More info if interested.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just wanted to say beautiful car as I have one just like it and like you get many compliments on it. Just today at a local WAWA gas station a person complimented on my Sonic Blue wagon. GLWTS and God Bless !!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
More pics?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weather's been terrible and I'm sick, I'll try to get some more this weekend, supposed to be sunny and warm.

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the lack of pics, I'm still super sick, like I need to go to the doctor tomorrow sick. It's just a head cold but it is not subsiding in any way and I'm on day 5 now.

·
Registered
16,852 Posts
Feel better soon.
Sorry for the lack of pics, I'm still super sick, like I need to go to the doctor tomorrow sick. It's just a head cold but it is not subsiding in any way and I'm on day 5 now.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You want pics? YOU GOT PICS.

No lights with engine running

The lights do work

No warnings

Just under 20 mpg commuting in the city

This stereo will be removed. The car did not have premium audio but had an HU-650 which I will put back in the car upon sale. I have however, upgraded to the premium speakers. They sound great.

This is the windshield crack, not critical but definitely should be done. The rain sensor works perfect.

Driver's seat is the worst, some scratches and the bolster is worn. This however is exactly as it was when I got it.

Driver's door panel is the nicest, one scuff and mud in the speaker grille

Left rear is the worst. Kid or dog was not kind to it.

I'm critical of people who don't vacuum before posting for sale pics. But I was trying to beat a very black cloud rolling in.

The wheels have paint chips and light scratches that appear to be from tire shops. They're not curbed and overall in decent shape, although they look cleaner in these pictures than they are. There's some permanent brake dust that needs to be removed with a good wheel cleaner. The PO bought all 4 brand new from Volvo sometime around 2015.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Taillights are pristine although this one has a melty spot at the brake light. I have a spare I'll include.

This looked great when new, it didn't survive the winter de-icing chemicals. Original IPD tailpipe included.

This is the bodyworked panel, it doesn't reflect like it should.

It has one bad door ding chip:

Passenger front door, the vertical white lines are former door dings that just need to be buffed out.

Trim rubber is in good shape, I have new base corner trim pieces, was going to put them on when the windshield was replaced. Included.

Front bumper is pretty rock chipped, new ones pre-painted are still available.

Here you can see the hood has been repainted and does not reflect as well as it should.

Same reflection in roof:

Bumper droop has been zip tied up:

Engine bay is nothing special.

So that's the car. It's just bashed up enough that it's a great daily driver from now to 200k. It's not going to win any shows but it gets thumbs up from a lot of other enthusiasts. It's a solid 10 foot car. And if nobody buys it I'll give it the TLC it deserves.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Have the clutch and the slave cylinder been done?
Yes, when the original motor was replaced, somewhere between 85k-90k miles. The clutch and flywheel were inspected when the motor was done and both looked very good or I would have replaced them again.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went ahead and lowered the price to my rock bottom limit. If I can't get that I need to just drive it. I do love driving it, it runs perfect.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One more bump and it just turned over 117k.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Free bump. If you still have this in a few months, I might be interested in a fly, buy and drive back to WA and would really like to see this in person. I will be in touch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts