SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Volvo xc70 with 48k miles SOLD!

I purchased this xc70 in march of 2017 at Barrier Bellevue Audi in Bellevue, WA. This original west coast car is super clean. *Prior to my ownership it looked like most of the seats hadn’t ever been sat in or the cargo area used at all and it still maintains that appearance. After purchasing and servicing the car I drove it back to Cleveland, Ohio. As you all know, these cars are awesome highway cruisers, we’ve made trips to Ithaca and Connecticut in the last couple years too and it’s always a pleasure to drive. Here’s a few more of the details:

-Purchased March 2017 with 38,613 miles

-Service March 10, 2017 at All Vovo in Ballard Wa.

*** -full pcv service

*** -timing belt service

*** -transmission flush, adaptation

-March 2017 new Nokian Hakkas mounted

-4/6/17 oil change @41,646

-10/6/17 oil change @42,824

-3/21/18 oil change @45,116 and left front wheel bearing replaced

-8/1/2018 oil change @46,105 and new radiator and new battery installed

-1/9/2019 oil change @47,749 and new iridium plugs installed

Car comes with Volvo all weather mats, rubber cargo mat and original like-new Berber mats, factory folding cargo gate, and Nokian Hakkas (2 yrs old with approximately 5k miles on them) mounted on tellus wheels with tpms sensors.

Reason for sale is we’re moving back to Seattle and don’t need an extra car. I follow the market closely and I’m pricing the car based on how other similar cars are priced. *European cars in Reading PA and Ithaca Foreign Car in Ithaca NY have had more or less similar cars (albeit East coast cars and rarely 2007 models) for sale in the last couple years.

Cons ***

-one of the few cons is that the factory wheels have a bit of curb rash and the tellus have minor pitting

*** -very small area of trim under factory rack has a little bit of clearcoat peal

*** -minor scruff on front bumper trim

*** -rubber on little storage slot next to radio is a little pealed (maybe could rub off, but I haven’t tried)

$sold!

I'll try and take some photos this weekend but here's a few for starters

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Oh noes! You’re selling! :(

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Are you looking for a new box of crayons? It's calipers are nice and shiny too :)

We'll see if we find a buyer, if not I'll have another fun cross country drive in a cross country!

I’ve already adopted two lol. I’m sad to see you sell but I hope someone picks it up that will appreciate it. You’ve got a nice gem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve already adopted two lol. I’m sad to see you sell but I hope someone picks it up that will appreciate it. You’ve got a nice gem.
Thanks!

I had my hypoallergenic dogs in it once with all the surfaces covered and decided after that it was too nice for them so they don't ride in it anymore. I've tried to keep it as pristine as possible without going completely nuts!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I've tried to keep it as pristine as possible without going completely nuts!
Boy is that a razor's edge to walk! Oof! Not easy. lol

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Boy is that a razor's edge to walk! Oof! Not easy. lol
Easy. Peasy. Don’t have kids. Don’t eat in it. Don’t drink in it. Get a cat.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
I'm talking about the "pristine as possible" edge. Like, keeping Snowball nice without buying all NOS interior trim and bits just because I can and they are available. lol

·
Registered
16,842 Posts
Deprive your kids of eating anything in your car, drinking in your car. Never have the pets in your car unless they are in a carrier or in your lap. That’s happened twice: both for emergencies. Don’t ever let anyone drive it more than 50 feet. Tell people they need to take their shoes off first (ok, well that was 33 years ago).

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I'm talking about the "pristine as possible" edge. Like, keeping Snowball nice without buying all NOS interior trim and bits just because I can and they are available. lol
ahh I get it.

I don’t play that game. I mean - I will replace things like the turn signal cover on Spring’s mirror when I scratched but there are plenty of defects that could be fixed that won’t be fixed because the effort and money spent provides little to no value in return. It won’t make me love the car any more than I do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I concur, except the cat part - I have allergies. And the always popular park as far away or in the safest spot when parking in public. If you've arrived at your destination and your passengers aren't complaining (mostly imaginary passengers) about walking you've probably parked too close and in an unsafe location.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Still planning on taking photos this weekend, but in the meantime I'll post these. What are these going for now, $700-900 for two from the dealer? Fobs included, Dave Barton specials and nla.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When people ask about your factory delivery experience you can tell them it was "underbar!"
That's a Dave Barton special too, nla. I opened boosters for maybe the second time, they've never been used.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need to put my favorite volvo press photo in this thread which happens to look very similar ... Volvo-stationwagon-not-boring.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts