SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

SOLD Sealey SX400 Alternator Freewheel Decoupler Pulley removal set. It came from England a week ago and I used it on my Volvo, and now it's ready for the next DIY mechanic (or Professional). The box says other applications include (and probably not limited to): Audi, BMW, Citroen, Ford, Mercedes, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Skoda, Vauxhall/Opel.

If you hear a whine from the serpentine belt area, your decoupler pulley may be at fault, and the pulley is easier and less expensive to replace (~$35) than a whole alternator. This kit enables the removal of the decoupler pulley from the alternator on the vehicle (or off the vehicle if you prefer). For information, images of the tool kit and how-to, see the following video How to Test and Replace an Alternator Clutch Pulley:

I tried in vain to find a substitute for this kit's armature spline tool. These kits are not readily available in the USA, so I had it shipped from the UK. Prices shipped to the USA will set you back $40-75 while you wait for it to cross the Atlantic and pass through US customs, or you can have this one in your mailbox in a few days.

$32 shipped to any USPS address (or delivery at Carlisle Events Imports show). First message that reads "I'll take the SX400 kit" with email and shipping address holds it pending prompt payment of Square invoice emailed to you. No dibs, please. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
If you're actually in Carlisle, you might even be able to have someone buy it and pick it up next weekend.

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Available now in the Carlisle show. Send a message with your email address or better, your mobile phone number, to make arrangements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts