SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Car:
With a heavy heart I'm listing my dream car, Layla, for sale. I am the second owner. The original owner bought the car through Volvo after the car had been discontinued and it was living in a shipping container waiting to clear customs. The original ad is still viewable here. I was so impressed with Dan's (original owner) post that I emulated it. Price is at the bottom of the ad and is OBO.

Titanium Grey on Nordkap Leather. Factory body kit, 18" wheels, NAV, DVD, AUX. Carfax Available.
Current Mileage: ~76,900

Service:
This was intended on being my forever car, but circumstances changed (read: wedding and house purchase coming up). I wish I could juggle all three.

Original owner had all service records until late 2015. I've reached out to recover them -no word yet. I have all service records since purchase. I've had all work done at my local mechanic, Independent Volvo of Ventura. Prior to this the car had all work done at Volvo of Santa Monica.

Every maintenance interval has been performed on-time if not early. More than regular oil changes. Every repair and preventative maintenance job needed has been done -- no expense spared.

Aside from cosmetic blemishes the only item left on my TODO list is chasing down and mitigating some oil consumption.I had the head rebuilt in October and -unfortunately- this did not resolve the problem. I'll be taking it in soon for an oil change and pcv test. In the past ~4K miles I've added 4 quarts I believe. While this is not ideal, I've been reassured this is still within spec and that the car is working fantastically. No leaks/drips anywhere.

Cosmetic Needs:
Winglets removed in favor of an STI CS2 Lip. I still have the winglets but they need quite some work to be used again. Front bumper would benefit from a respray. Passenger side rear quarter panel has some paint damage. Passenger side wheels have slight curb rash. Weather stripping around windshield is sun-rot like many P2's.

Damage History:
Under original ownership: the car was scraped in parking lot and required paint work. Under my ownership (August 2016): parking lot fender-bender while backing up, required new rear bumper and rear bumper cover.

Recent Repairs/Maintenance:
-Early 2018: A-pillars and instrument cluster-cowel wrapped in synthetic suede. Looks super nice.
-Early 2018: OEM front brake pads and end-links.
-June 2018: Bad axle seal caused transmission fluid to drain. M66 transmission completely rebuilt. During the disassembly, there was play observed in the angle gear. Angle gear also rebuilt. Fresh M66, angle gear fluid, brake fluid, and fresh rear-diff fluid.
-June 2018: Replaced clutch/flywheel during M66 rebuild with a SPEC SMF, OEM slave cylinder, and OEM clutch.
-October 2018: Burnt valve required the head to be refreshed. While the head was off I had the cylinders inspected. Everything looked great -- no cracked walls to be seen.
-Late 2018: OEM top engine mount, OEM transmission torque mount, front axle splines re-glued.
-75K mile interval service performed early

Overview:
The car has been completely stock its whole life. Never tracked, raced, or abused. Its lived in SOCAL its whole life except for a 6 month stint in Las Vegas. Original owner had the car detailed monthly. I've tried to keep up with that with interior detailing and exterior washes. This car is in great shape and is a total gem. Next owner will be getting a heck of a car. Price is absolutely negotiable. Priced at $14K due to the rarity, low miles, rebuilt M66, rebuilt head, year, and options. Listing is cross-posted on FB-Marketplace, FB-P2R Wanted/For-Sale Group, and Craigslist. Selling to an enthusiast and/or swedespeeder would be the dream. Contact through my personal email is preferred. If you call: not during work hours please (9-5 PST). If you text: anytime is fine, but my response could be delayed if its during work hours.

- email: [email protected]
- phone: 805.551.5031

Carfax in Imgur Album

Imgur Photo Album

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I have the same exact combo, good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
242 Posts
why does carfax say you're the third owner?

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just like @WagonBoiz said. First owner leased the car, and then bought it outright. For whatever reason that counts as two owners. I am the second person to own this car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts