SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tested and working LED brake light spoiler in Polar White for 850 estate vehicles.

The mounting brackets are the later, two-piece style.

Includes all of the screws/bolts necessary to install.

There are some light scratches and scuff marks throughout, but it is still fully functional.

The wires have been clipped but are easily spliced into existing tailgate wires.

The ends of the red plastic around the LED were previously broken around the support screws, and the entire piece has been securely attached with 3M Super Strength molding tape instead. The LED portion is still completely sealed and waterproof.

Compatible with all trim types of 850 wagons. Can be added to 1998-2000 V70 wagons, but the wiring to your current center high mount stop light (CHMSL) would need to be altered to accommodate.

$200 plus shipping. SOLD

OEM R T5 GLT SE AWD 850R V70R Hatch Wing

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to find part! I recently paid $150 to have one painted polar white to watch my car.
Yeah, I would be asking a little more if it weren't for the damage to the red plastic. It was removed from a Polar 850 and appeared to be dealer installed and is definitely original paint. Again, not perfect, but would look pretty good with a matching touch up pen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this replace or work in tandem with the stock third brake light on the 850 wagons, never seen the wagon spoiler with a light. Thought that was exclusive to sedans.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this replace or work in tandem with the stock third brake light on the 850 wagons, never seen the wagon spoiler with a light. Thought that was exclusive to sedans.
Welcome to the forum. Yep, it's pretty rare. This was removed from a 1996 NA wagon that did not have the "stock" light near the wiper, however it was also a pretty abused vehicle and was completely missing the inside trim on the tailgate (which was itself being held shut but a bungie cord). Maybe one of the more knowledgeable 850 folks will have a definitive answer. I seem to recall SB saying that it would be "instead of" for P80 V70's at some point, but I don't know why one couldn't use both unless it would somehow draw too much.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I installed one on my 96-855T I put a 5W 67 bulb in the stock light, just in case I'd overload the circuit. Still works fine, 10 years later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts