SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a super fun, smooth as silk, zippy, AWD turbo wagon in perfect mechanical condition.

*** For PICS, please see: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/368240590521071/ ***

I absolutely love this car. Because I love it so much, and because I know its value will only increase due to the rarity (and decline of the breed), I've been planning on putting it in storage as an upcoming move out of the country has me gone for at least a year if not two or more.

However, I'm really torn about what to do. Without knowing if/when I'll return, I'm worried that just leaving a car sitting there (properly stored), not being driven/enjoyed will weigh heavily on my conscience.

So, for that reason, I wanted to post it to see if anyone might be interested.
If nobody wants it, I look forward to the feeling of being happy I didn't sell it, when in 10-20 years everyone else is riding around in Tesla's 'The Boring' underground tubes.

I’ve owned it for less than a year, while the previous owner (a Volvo technician/mechanic) had it for the previous seven years.

Details:

Maintenance that I’ve done in the last several months, or that the previous owner did right before selling it to me last October:
• Front and rear camshaft gaskets, crankshaft gasket, and oil pump gaskets replaced.
• Timing belt replaced.
• New control arms.
• AWD (Haldex) pump and fluid change... AWD works perfectly.
• New coolant expansion tank,
• New wiper motor,
• New radiator hoses,
• All new motor mounts,
• All 5 new coil packs (5 cylinder engine!),
• New right side axle,
• New wheel bearings, brake rotors and pads,
• New oil pan (someone cross-threaded, so PO replaced).
• Synthetic oil changes always, premium fuel always.
• New Michelin Pilot Sport tires with less than 4,000 miles, just rotated and balanced, and 4x Discount Tire insurance.

Upgrades:
• Elevate™ performance air intake $267
• Elevate™ sport engine torque mount $132
• Eibach lowering springs (better handling but just 1.2” lower than stock) $320
• 18” ‘Nebula’ wheels $562; recently chemical stripped, sanded, primed and refinished in the bronze you see $800
• 730cca (heavy-duty) Interstate battery with 6 year warranty $175
• Slight window tint all-around
• All-weather OEM Volvo floormats throughout
• iPd aluminum “skid-plate” (durable upgrade to flimsy plastic, under-engine splashguard) $180

The not so great part about this car is the interior (light grey leather) does in fact show its age. A few months ago I even bought a replacement leather cover off another V50 at a Pick-n-Pull for one of the front seats. I never got around to swapping it out because I started to realize it’s currently not so bad that I felt like taking the time to do the alteration. I’m more than happy to include the “new” one with the car if you’d want it.

Additionally, I have the OEM Volvo wheels mounted with Michelin X-ice snow tires that I’ll sell along with the car for $500 more. The snow tires are only 2 years old, and have only been mounted/driven (when there was actually snow on the roads) for a few weeks each winter.

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
... and not a single photo of the interior. :confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@penguin are you interested?
@stevepius sorry I haven’t seen swedespeed or facebook much in the past 24 hours... I’ll catch up with you shortly

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,802 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts