SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling the set of coilovers I was running on my personal S40. Less than 5000 miles on the set. All in perfect working order. I only removed them because I'm planning on going to air suspension.

Fronts are fully assembled and ready to install & include new Febi upper spring seats that I installed at the same time as the coilovers. Also included in the front assembly are 2 sets of upper strut mounts. When I initially installed everything I put a brand new Febi upper strut mounts into the assemblies. I later swapped the passenger side upper strut mount to an OEM Volvo one from my stock suspension as an experiment to see if there was any feel/durability difference between the OEM and Febi upper mounts. I found no difference over the few hundred miles I ran it that way. I'm including the other Febi and other OEM upper strut mount with the package so you can leave them as is or swap the upper mounts to the same of either.

Both spanner wrenches, H&R documentation and special grease for the strut body threads also included.

H&R part number is 29197-2. These fit front wheel drive S40/V50/C30. They also fit some Mazda and Ford. I don't know the exact fitment/model range on those though so it's up to you to verify that if you want to run them on one of the non-Volvo fitments.

These retail at around $1800/set and cheapest I see them for sale online is $1400-ish. That's without the new upper spring seats/strut mounts. I'm asking $1000 shipped/paypal'ed in the continental US, or $900 picked up in person in Portland.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump for a really great deal. I ran these on my S40 a long time ago and they are fantastic!!!
Thanks! They are a really nice setup indeed. Sure is nice to perfectly dial in even ride height at all 4 corners with these. A good coilover setup is the only way to get properly low ride height w/out going air.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Do the fronts have adjustable dampening or no? I can't remember the part numbers, but I think these are the same that I have.

Pretty comfortable on most setting, the lowest is a little harsh, but that's what you can expect when tucking the front wheels.

Free bump with pics of these installed on my car. Front 2mm from max low, rear adjustable cups removed and 2 of the tight coils cut off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These do not have adjustable damping. H&R doesn't make an adjustable damping coilover kit for these cars as far as I know. Just this kit so should be the exact same as you have on your C30.

And yeah, if you spin them all the way down you can definitely tuck tire! Looks incredible, but was too low for me to be practical with this as my daily driver. Hence the reason I'm aiming to go air on my S40 instead. Sure be nice to just have it all programmed and just push a button to raise up a bit when needed.

Now, if I could somehow find a cheap/beater manual trans T5 V50 anywhere around me I'd be keeping these and spinning it all the way down and not be using the rear adjusters at all, just like your C30 :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts