SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this thinking I would need it however I drive my R maybe a mile a day now so this is just over kill. It's mint, never used and ready to go. It's just been sitting in the parts pile waiting to go in. Asking what I paid for it after customs duties etc. 285 shipped to your door anywhere in the us!

·
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sold, thanks for the all the interest!

·
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That might have been a record!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm not sure , but it looks like that the 90 degree pipe has wrong direction. It has to be like in the next pic :

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yea I bought this because I'm building our shop R up to about 450 whp and viva has been out... So am I hearing this right that it won't fit right?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yea I bought this because I'm building our shop R up to about 450 whp and viva has been out... So am I hearing this right that it won't fit right?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
the simpler way to check it is to go under the car and check it , but I'm afraid of that I'm right

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yeah the one you want for a P2 is from the diesel in Europe. This does not look like it would fit on an S60R. I have the one from the diesel and looks just like the stock one but larger. Tubes going in the same direction as stock.

·
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the one you want for a P2 is from the diesel in Europe. This does not look like it would fit on an S60R. I have the one from the diesel and looks just like the stock one but larger. Tubes going in the same direction as stock.
Again the diesels are still smaller then the RS as the pic above shows. The RS cooler is over 25% larger if you count by levels.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
^ this is definitely different than the one pictured in the OP.

"Enough hose will fix any problems that should arise"
Nope wont fit the R without bending the crap out of stock pipe or cutting and welding the right pipe and facing it up. I tried fitting one on my car and she wouldn't fit without serious modding to it.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
And I don't think its any different in size than the one I have, if it somehow is it would be very minimal.

·
Registered
599 Posts
The cooler the OP posted WILL NOT fit the P2 engines without modification. I have first hand knowledge of this because I sourced the EXACT same item from the UK and had to have the 90-degree bend on the right rotated 45-degrees so it faces up instead of to the left.

Any shop that specializes in radiators can do it. Just make sure they pressure test it after the mod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts