SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 S70R Tribute "Panther"
Originally a 99 S70 t5m, Sunroof delete car. The car is in excellent mechanical shape; I would drive it any distance without hesitation. It needs nothing. The original black paint polishes nicely, but does have small dings and scratches typical of a 16 year old car. Oh and Zero rust!
If you want a high performance, great handling Volvo sports car, this is it!

Drivetrain/suspension:
2001 2.3 B5234T3 w 126k.
Stevo Tune, excellent performance and driveability.
M56H 5sp w 140k.
Stage 0 at 126k.
SM R clutch, flywheel, bolts,slave,rms at 126k.
k24, polished s60r ote pipe, custom rip kit, do88 drop in intercooler, green injectors, Snabb intake, K&N panel filter, R engine cover, Sacer contactless white label ETM.
Complete customized OBX exhaust, 3" dp w titanium wrap, Magnaflow Muffler, Magnaflow resonator tip, Vibrant v8 resonator.
302mm brakes mod front, Akebono pads around.
96 855r sways front/rear, coil over end links.
96 855r nivomats/springs.

Custom water/alcohol injection system, managed via custom oem dash switch along with adjustable boost switch and windshield solvent tank sensor refitted to monitor the trunk mounted wmi tank level. Protection and power in one!

Poly lower Trans mount, upper engine mount.

Exterior:
18" Pegs, freshly refinished, with new 225 40 18 tires!
96 854R rear spoiler with 4th brake light working with led bulbs.
R Front bumper n grills w fogs.
XC Grill.
Euro wide angle driver mirror.
Awd mud flaps.

Interior:
2000 VR steering wheel, blue R cluster, homelink visor, R door panels, R door sills.
1999 VR seat skins front, driver seat has additional padding,
2000 Vr rear seat, oem rear heated seat option with s80 console armrest.
Carbon wrapped center console and stack.
Cherry shift knob and glove box.
1998 VR SC 900, Dolby dash, Dolby processor, cable and 4x50 amp, and 6 cd changer (trunk mounted).
IPD pillar pod with VDO boost, oil pressure, amp gages, with custom Dave Barton faces that match the dash. (These are one off units)!
LED retrofit lighting in panel switches.
Trunk completely lined with sound deadener.

Miscellaneous-
New windshield!
Trailer hitch and wiring.
AC compressor shimmed.
Dash mounts restored with aluminum supports.
aluminum radiator (via Ben).
new heater core.
Driver door check strap mount repair (screwed and welded, painted).
16" full size spare, jack and toolkit; owners manual.

This is my baby that is only for sale because I finished my m58/rn swapped v70r and I can't drive two cars! $5700. I understand the process of long distance car purchase and am willing to work with the buyer on transport/pickup.

Thanks for looking; please pm me for questions or offers or if you want to discuss the car. Thank you.

Dan

[/U

[URL=http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/b2fkb0/media/s70R/C8836B17-97BD-4E1D-9DFF-905532DB6022.jpg.html]

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I considered that when I sourced my m58. Then I found my old v70r was avaiLable with a bad tranny so...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Beautiful car, Dan! Even more impressive in person.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deposit received sale pending, thank you.

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Looks like a great setup. congrats on the quick sale.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
nice car,would love to own it but have too many cars at the moment

·
Registered
17,446 Posts
what does the first switch to the left of the steering wheel (with the same symbol as the dashboard brightness wheel) do? I've seen pictures of UN spec Rs with both of those control banks filled and have always wondered what are these cool features that we're missing out on....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Jared
That's a fog switch converted to energize the water meth injection system. It has a blue led that lights up only when the system turns on at 5.5# of boost. I added the light panel to distinguish it from the other switches. Next to it is a s70 antenna down switch, another rare switch! Good eye for noticing!
Dan

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And sold! Thanks SS!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Great car I'm sure the next owner will enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Congrats Dan!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats Dan! Proud to say I had this car in my driveway on a brief CT visit, and sent a few parts of mine to a good home in Michigan for this build as well ;)

Can't wait to see what you're up to next.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'm also proud to be able to say I've seen this one in person, and it's every bit as amazing as it sounds. Dan has such amazing attention to detail…and is a remarkably nice guy to boot! Congrats on the sale (and purchase—whoever bought it)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts