SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Up for sale is our 2011 Volvo V50 T5 R-Design.
Located in Virginia Beach VA 23452
Vin- YV1672MWXB2605080

This is a very rare car, I looked for over a year to find this one. There is currently not even another 2011 V50 R Design listed online for sale in the entire country, that I can find. We purchased from the original owner(was a swedespeed member) with 20k miles, in May 2015. Car currently has 61k miles, very low for the year. No accidents, paint work or rust. Clean carfax and clear Virginia Title, no liens. Current VA inspection completed in January. Only reason for selling is we purchased an SUV for our growing family.

Has been a Virginia car since new, was originally purchased from Don Beyer Volvo in Northern Virginia.
Fully loaded with navigation, premium sound system, power sunroof, power everything, leather heated seats, cruise control etc. Heat and AC work great.
2011 was the last year for the T5 R design, with a few important changes we preferred vs. older years. It is FWD instead of AWD, extra 2-3 mpg... car gets over 30mpg on trips. Also, the 2010 and older R design come with a not very good looking in my opinion, white/black two tone interior, we much prefer the solid black leather that was used for the 2011.

The R-design package has the xenon headlights, full sport aero body kit w/ fog lights and factory dual exhaust, rear spoiler, silver mirror caps, roof rails, R design steering wheel.
It is powered by the proven T5 engine.
This car does have a few tasteful upgrades-
Elevate lowering springs- sportier but not harsh, and lower car approx 1.5" from stock
18" OEM Volvo Midir wheels, purchased new from Volvo. Tires were installed 2017 and have about 70% tread
Thule silver aero roof rack crossbars
Factory volvo all weather rubber mats and rear cargo mat.
Have the factory carpet mats also (new in bags)
Window tint all around
Have 2 key fobs, original owners manuals, as well as most service records.

Car has been run on synthetic oil since new, just changed oil/filter this week. Just had a brand new windshield installed last week also, as had a rock chip in the original one. Car runs and drives great, plenty of power. Paint is in very good condition overall, does have some minor door dings and scratches, and a couple of rock chips up front. Drivers rear wheel arch has a light scratch that was there when we bought it, and front lip spoiler has a small crack that was also there when we purchased it, and has not gotten any worse. Could use a clay bar and wax, but overall in great shape. No tears in leather or abnormal wear. OEM shocks still ride fine, ride feels just slightly stiffer than stock. I was planning to upgrade to Koni struts and adding a few other suspension upgrades from IPD, but left it alone since it was my wifes daily driver. Very good looking car, we get compliments on it all the time. Has always been super reliable, and done great on road trips.

Price is $12,500. Priced at KBB private party value, and has upgrades not factored in to that price. Cash or cashiers check at bank or credit union only. Local pickup only in Virginia Beach 23452.
more pics-

PRICE LOWERED- $12000 firm
https://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/d/virginia-beach-2011-volvo-v50-t5-design/6918877553.html

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone else have a 2011 V50 R Design, or sold one recently?

·
Registered
16,861 Posts
Can't say I've ever focused much on these, but this looks really sharp! GLWTS!
I will tell you from recent experience, don't ever get into an accident in it. Since there are so few and NONE for sale anywhere, they'll have nothing to comp it to and try and total it because to them... it's a normal v50 and almost 9 years old.
Again - super sharp, man. Nice little ride.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't say I've ever focused much on these, but this looks really sharp! GLWTS!
I will tell you from recent experience, don't ever get into an accident in it. Since there are so few and NONE for sale anywhere, they'll have nothing to comp it to and try and total it because to them... it's a normal v50 and almost 9 years old.
Again - super sharp, man. Nice little ride.
Thanks, has been a great car for us. I could not find another one for sale when I was looking to purchase, and none are for sale at the moment. It is very low production car, but not sure how to find out exactly how rare.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Sweet! Yeah, these 2011's are hard to find, let alone in RD form. Is it 452 sapphire or 019 black? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like 019. I get confused on the P1's 40/50's with factory xenon, virtually all the ones I've seen have an "oval" shaped reflector inside the headlight assembly. I did see a set once on eBay that looked like yours but did have ballasts mounted on the back.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
This is a great looking wagon!! GLWS

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet! Yeah, these 2011's are hard to find, let alone in RD form. Is it 452 sapphire or 019 black? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like 019. I get confused on the P1's 40/50's with factory xenon, virtually all the ones I've seen have an "oval" shaped reflector inside the headlight assembly. I did see a set once on eBay that looked like yours but did have ballasts mounted on the back.
Thanks, it is a metallic black, not sure of the exact color code.
This is a great looking wagon!! GLWS
Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOLD

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully you got what you were looking for!
Is the new owner on here?
Thanks. To possibly help someone else determine market pricing, I sold it for $11,500. No interest from here at all actually, sold it locally on Craigslist.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
It sold in a week. That's pretty good!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It sold in a week. That's pretty good!
Yup, no complaints! Only had two people looked at it...First guy was scared having his 16 year old driving a lowered car. Second couple bought it (she had a manual R before, so they were somewhat volvo people at least).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts