SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, we're offering our beloved V70 for sale. We are the 2nd owner, and bought her with 30,000 miles in 2012. The odometer now reads 169,000. We thoroughly searched the country in 2012 looking for this exact car, and found it as a CPO from a Volvo of Princeton in NJ and had her shipped in a closed semi to us in San Diego, where she's been residing ever since. From my knowledge, there were only 338 V70 R design cars brought into the US in 2010, making this model very rare. And, this was the last year for the V70 in the US. For those that aren't familiar, the R-Design is a sport package offers upgraded; suspension( slightly stiffer and 8/10” lower with thicker anti roll bars), interior, side, front and rear body treatments, 18” wheels, stainless sliver pedals and black window trim .

This car has been fantastic, has never left us stranded and has been proactively maintained during our ownership, has been very low maintenance and is in remarkable condition. She is finished in white exterior with 2-tone Dark Charcoal gry (almost black) and off white/gry contrast seat panels, including debossed R Design logos in the front seat backs. Power is sent to the front wheels by a 235 HP normally aspirated 3.2 liter inline six paired with a 6 speed automatic transmission. Equipment includes power moonroof, heated front seats, dual zone climate control, cruise control, factory stereo with a CD player. The car features headlight washers, heated windshield washer nozels, heated mirrors, power rear wiper rear cargo cover/shade, adjustable steering wheel, pass through rear seats, deluxe mats, steering audio controls, front and rear spoilers, fog lamps, memory driver seat, adjustable lumbar support. I recently had all 4 wheels refinished and a full detail. We're also including the super nice, aero dynamic Volvo roof cross bars.

Everything functions as it should, and the AC blows cold as expected. All knobs, gauges and controls work perfectly. Everything is 100% functional and the car needs absolutely nothing. The rear seat cushions have an adjustment where they can be raised to be used as children booster seats. The rear seat folds 60/40 with the center also being able to fold down as a pass through. There is a center/rear armrest that can be folded down to also serve as a rear console w cup holders.

The car is super solid driving, not one squeak or rattle and feels incredibly solid, planted, while sporty at the same time. There are minor blemishes on the front valance from road debris and some minor blemishes on the rear valance from normal wear. The stock 18" wheels are wearing Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires with over 60% tread left.

Feel free to contact me at 619-322-3333 or email at [email protected]. The car is located in San Diego, CA and I'm happy to show anyone locally. I have hundreds of very detailed pictures, which I'm happy to share via email....

I plan on listing her on BaT soon, but thought I'd share the vehicle with this enthusiast community first. This is really a special car in amazing condition. I'd feel comfortable hoping in the car now and driving cross country and back. By the way, the seats are the most comfortable seats of any car I've ever driven. Fly out and have a great road trip home!

Just FYI-reason for selling, our family does a lot of road trips and we purchased a large SUV..

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Super clean, man. Very nice ride.
White wagon over black and riding on 18" cratus makes for a great look.
San Diego is pretty. Flying there (LAX) in the last few weeks and back makes me realize it would be an AWFUL drive home.
Hello, we're offering our beloved V70 for sale.

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
548 Posts
THAT is sweet. Ironically started its journey to you from the same dealership I just purchased my S60RD from earlier this year. G L W S!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super clean, man. Very nice ride.
White wagon over black and riding on 18" cratus makes for a great look.
San Diego is pretty. Flying there (LAX) in the last few weeks and back makes me realize it would be an AWFUL drive home.
Thanks, Man!!! Any road trip is a great drive in my book! Travel safe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THAT is sweet. Ironically started its journey to you from the same dealership I just purchased my S60RD from earlier this year. G L W S!
Thanks! Yes, we finally found the car at Volvo of Princeton, and worked w Chris the owner who was great. Your ride is also sweet

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
548 Posts
Thanks! Yes, we finally found the car at Volvo of Princeton, and worked w Chris the owner who was great. Your ride is also sweet
Thank you! Yes VoP I’ve leased and purchased though since 2009. Always nice people.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Beautiful. I've been lusting for a Volvo wagon for a long time (and Volvo confirmed that they're not giving up on them, even in an SUV world :)).

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Wagon life is... winning.
Beautiful. I've been lusting for a Volvo wagon for a long time (and Volvo confirmed that they're not giving up on them, even in an SUV world :)).

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Philly is fun. Dated a girl there and came home late one night thru the Baltimore tunnel at 120. San Diego is super nice. Stay over in Coronado for a couple of days and head out. Perfect time of year for a long drive home with a nice white wagon.
It would be a long drive home (suburb of Philly) although I have a friend in San Diego I haven't seen in almost 4 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts