920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Volvo XC70

• Miles: 177,000
  • Color: White/Oak
  • Locations: Scranton, PA and South Jersey
  • VIN: YV4SZ592771265757
  • Price: Asking $3,500 OBO

Looking to sell my 2007 XC70 relatively quickly. Due to some recent life changes I need a more fuel efficient highway cruiser, and don’t need all the space of the XC70.

I’ve happily owned this car for a little over 4 years and as a Volvo enthusiast have tried to maintain her to the utmost level. Prior to my ownership, this was JRLs personal car, and the condition/care/extras showed.

As the car sits some of the extras are:
  • Polestar tune by Keystone Volvo
  • HU-850 Headunit
  • R Steering wheel
  • R rear sway bar
  • Wired for satellite radio and iMIV
  • IPD cat back exhaust
  • Roof rack cross bars
  • Roof pod
  • Extra rear seat base WITH booster seats
  • 18” Pegasus wheels, with 16” stock wheels and tires included (both sets)
  • Dynamat in doors and cargo area
  • Swedish flag blue and yellow pinstripe
  • 35% tint
  • Has wang.

As far as maintenance goes, I have a list of all the things that Jim took care of before I bought it. Anyone interested I’ll gladly share that list with you. Items taken care of under my ownership:

• Oil changes every 5k
  • Tire rotations every 10k
  • Every 5k – Engine bay, 4 wheel wells, and undercarriage are treated with aviation grade corrosion preventative compound (I’m a helicopter technician and use the same stuff we use on our airframes)
  • 140,8k – Passenger Axle replaced, coolant flushed
  • 142k – New tires installed on Pegs
  • 144,8k – New outer tie rod ends, inner tie rod boots, alignment, cabin air filter replaced
  • 160k – New engine air filter, wipers changed
  • 167k – New HU-850 headunit
  • 170k – IPD exhaust, new brake pads and rotors, new fuel filter, new spark plugs, brakes bled
  • 172k – New radiator
  • 174k – New fuel high pressure sensor, new headlamp washer pump, Driver’s seat lower trim panel replaced

As far as current issues that I just do not have time to address:

• Under braking there is a clicking noise, does not affect braking and only noticeable with windows down
• Pegs could use new tires, and have a lot of curb rash. As a result, I’m going to include the stock wheels which have a lot of tire life left.
• Periodically TPMS error message comes up because the wheels do not have sensors in them
• Periodic “Anti-skid system service required” due to faulty clock spring behind wheel. A cheap and relatively quick fix – lots of write ups online.
• Pulling out of the garage I cut it too close and damaged the front bumper skin and passenger headlight. Body shop replaced both.
• Sunroof won’t retract. I never use it so never felt the need to fix it.
• Under hood insulation has some chipmunk chew marks.
• Roof trim rails had their clear coat start flaking. Hitting it with a buffer and some compound should make it perfect.

Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWwnh3JjHAVR6SLt9

During the week the car is located in South Jersey near Atlantic City and on weekends I travel to Scranton, PA with it so any interested parties in either area feel free to contact and we can set up a meet.

I’ll get some pictures up in the next two days once I have a chance to clean and detail the car.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bump for photo gallery being added. I already have an interested party possibly seeing the car Saturday, if that falls through I’ll update the post.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Surprised I haven't seen this one around. Beautiful car. If I were in the market at all, I'd definitely be jumping at it. GLWS.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Surprised I haven't seen this one around. Beautiful car. If I were in the market at all, I'd definitely be jumping at it. GLWS.
I'm tempted to buy it and have no personal application for it. I mean, I could make it the car the nanny uses to drive the kids around instead of hers... That's the best I've come up with. LOL

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric, you probably never saw it cause I usually take the turnpike home instead of 80/380... however, the wheels on the car are yours. We met about 4 years ago in Dunmore and I bought a set of your pegs haha.

I'm tempted to buy it and have no personal application for it. I mean, I could make it the car the nanny uses to drive the kids around instead of hers... That's the best I've come up with. LOL
Sounds like me with golf clubs :whistle:

Anyway, deposit received and possible pick up this Saturday. I’ll update the thread accordingly.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
If I were in the market, this would have been a consideration. Nice car!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Eric, you probably never saw it cause I usually take the turnpike home instead of 80/380... however, the wheels on the car are yours. We met about 4 years ago in Dunmore and I bought a set of your pegs haha.
I knew your username looked familiar! Wow, that seems like forever ago. Great to see the wheels live on.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Bummer for us, congrats to you and the buyer.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
A good buy.
You're very welcome Rich and thank you for making it easy. Very much looking forward to getting the car to my coast . Happy to be back with another Volvo...this will be my 7th and newest to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
A good buy.
I somewhat jokingly mentioned this car and my post about the nanny to my wife today and she said, "That's not a bad idea..." :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts