Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

your name and the best way to reach you: Evan Poole
[email protected], (916) 708-7636
Location. Sacramento CA

Make/Model: Volvo S60R
Year: 2007
VIN: Email for Vin
Carfax: I have a current one will email upon request.
Mileage: 113,XXX
Color: Black/Nordkap
Transmission: Manual M66 (6 MT)

Selling Price: $11,500 OBO

I'm taking a new job in the UK and I'm taking my family with me and our XC-90 with us and maybe one of my other cars. My beloved R now must go to a new home

Condition: Non-Smoker. Very well maintained. No accidents, some front bumper pitting overall 9.5 out of 10 paint wise
Factory Option packages: Fully loaded, all options including :
Navigation
6-Disc CD Head Unit
Moonroof
Parking sensors/ auto rain wipers
Heated seats
Sport Body Kit,
18 inch bright silver wheels.
Volvo Bluetooth.
Volvo Roof Racks
3M 35% window tint
CF Werks Carbon Fiber Splitter
3M hood and side mirror paint protection
IPOD Integration

Title: Clean Oklahoma Title , in hand

Security: The car is also equipped with LOJACK theft tracking system. Buyer will just have to transfer to his/her name. This system should qualify for a discount on your auto insurance. I have the LOJACK booklets for the new owner for easy transfer

Modifications: IPD 3" Down Pipe, IPD boost gauge, MTE Stage 2 Tune,
MTE soft loader program and install wires are included as well.
I also will include the stock DP if the new owner wants it.

Suspension: Stock. No leaking struts ,4C and AWD in perfect working order. Wheels have some nicks and paint chips but no curb rash.

Maintenance/Service: Performed the 100K service a few months ago with timing belt and full PVC service done, new brakes and Royal ATE Amber brake fluid flush. Car has been serviced at Turner / now Niello Volvo here in Sacramento and SVS ( Sacramento Volvo Service) I also installed a New interstate battery this month.

I also had to replace the original motor with a quality used motor due to a wastegate failure on the original Turbo, therefore it over boosted and destroyed the motor. I am still trying to figure out how the hell that happened. I took a few months to source the motor and purchased it from www.vandsdismantlers.com here in Sacramento and it has a 6 month warranty for parts (not labor). The motor came out of a 2004 V70R with 104,000 miles on it. This was a Military service members car that was stationed in Hawaii and later California. I personally picked the motor out of the V70 when it arrived to the junk yard here. A fellow SS member on the forum who was once interested in my car pulled the carfax on the car/motor to make sure it was good. Turns out it was . This is the V70 I pulled it from
http://vandsautodismantlers.com/volvo-parts-cars/140292-volvo-v70-r-awd-2004.html

SVS performed the over haul and used all the new parts from my original motor, Timing belt, and tensioner , PVC system, intake mani ,TB, Coils, ( i just had the 100K service done a month before it failed). After inspection of my original turbo it was noted that it was no good with too much shaft play so we purchased a used Turbo from VandS to replace mine. They also replaced a bunch of parts with new ones during the install. I have all the receipts from this build and i can provide those to any one who is interested.

Drive train: Clutch and slave cylinder are in perfect working order. Clutch and AWD components were inspected when motor was installed and were both fine and they were reused. the Angle gear has no signs of leaking and has been working fine. Ken at SVS did inform me to keep an eye on the bevel gear splines that some of them are worn but for now they are holding up fine. Something to consider down the line but not hampering the AWD right now for 110K+ miles the system looks good.

Background on car: I purchased this car in Denver in 2009 from a lease return with 15K and I am the second owner. I have cared for this car with the utmost attention to detail and I am very anal of my cars. I am in the Air Force and its whole life it has been garaged ( prior owner had it garaged too) and stored there for the 6 deployment I have went on in the time I have owned it (pretty much every year) with my wife driving if on a few occasions.

I have every service receipt for this car since its inception as long as parts purchased etc. Also have an excel database that I tracked all service performed and costs. It has had all its service performed at Turner Volvo and myself and I changed the oil every 7500 miles using Amsoil 0W-30/ 5W-30 full synthetic oil. This was on the original motor that just failed. The new motor just had Mobil one 5w-30 added to it. I changed all the fluids, rans, angle, Diff, Haldex ( AOC) with genuine volvo fluids and have receipts for that. Brake fluid as changed every 2 years with Super ATE blue and later Amber when blue was discontinued. I also have Goodridge Braided Stainless steel brake lines installed on all 4 calipers.

Interior is flawless and seats were conditioned monthly with lexol leather conditioner. Car leather still smells and feels new. I have all owners manuals, 2 sets of keys, key fobs, spare key. I will also include a set of new Bosche spark plugs, touch up spray paint9 Unopened) , IPod docking accessories. I also have a full size IPD Peg that i used as a spare that I can throw in. New interstate battery was installed this month.

I put brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires on at 71K and they have 7/32's left. Tires were purchased at Americas Tire and the road hazard warranty is transferrable to new owner ( it just follows the car)

Car has been registered in Oklahoma (Military HOR ) since 2009 so I have never had to have it smogged and does not have a smog certificate.

I feel this is one of the cleanest non abused R's you can find on the market. This was a car I searched for 3 years for and when I found it I jumped on it. Its extremely fast, looks goods, and very reliable.

I spared no money in replacing the motor and took it to Sacramento's premier Volvo shop. The whole deal cost me well over 5K to replace. The car drives fine and the turbo and engine have performed flawlessly. Ken at SVS inspected everything prior to going in my car to ensure we had good replacements. I have the contact information to both Ken and Chuck ( my service advisor) at Niello Volvo if the potential buyer wants to speak with them. They can vouche for the level of detail I have taken with this car in the 7 years i have owned it.

Detailed pics are below and I have many more.. Thanks for looking.

Evan
916-708-7636
[email protected]

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Left front tire

Left front strut

Right front tire

Right front strut

Right Rear tire

Left Rear Tire

Trans Bevel gear

Bevel gear

oil Pan no leaks

IPD 3" Down Pipe

Stock Exhaust

Muffler

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So this is where the car sits right now and will sit here until the new owner comes and gets it.

The car cover is also included :p

Very detailed and honest post I have a full excel file on everything done to the car if anyone wants to see that let me know..

Thanks for looking..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nick

Yeah this thing has been babied since the original owner got it and i just carried the torch .. I hate to sell it but I cant take all my toys with me overseas so I have to narrow it down..

Evan

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Awesome example of a well cared for caR. GLWS!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Wow...now there's two super-clean R's for sale! I never thought I'd find someone with an R as anal-retentive as me.

GLWS

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...now there's two super-clean R's for sale! I never thought I'd find someone with an R as anal-retentive as me.

GLWS
Lol yeah you could say I have a problem :p
Its been cared for well since i have had it.. I never wanted to let it go and for what I paid back then I was like I'm making sure this thing lasts.

The sale is pending to a fellow SS member so far he is very interested, he jumped on it fast Lol. I'll let u all know how it goes after the weekend.

I'm really going to miss this car.

Evan.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Lucky that Niello didn't destroy your Volvo - hate those guys. SVS is marginally better, but I prefer EuroTech (old Indep. Volvo Service) out in Rancho. Those are guys knowledgeable!

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is one of the best for sale threads I have seen in awhile Thumbs up to you! glws

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know, I think I saw you driving down Truxel the other day...
LOL Yep that was me, I was getting money from the bank over there!! I never heard of Euro tech before.. Rancho is a hike for me... :p SVS did a good job, and the Dealer well you guys would flip out what they quoted me originally when this all happened.. I couldn't believe it.!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the car is Sold.. New owner flew in from SLC Utah and picked it up a few hrs ago.. It was probably the hardest thing to watch someone else drive off with my baby... I took such good care of that bad boy. It's going to new home and he got a heck of a deal on it :p

I was depressed for a while and then I remembered I picked this up last week..

so I was like...
Ice Cube "Today Was a Good Day"
Mods you can delete the thread if need be.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well the car is Sold.. New owner flew in from SLC Utah and picked it up a few hrs ago.. It was probably the hardest thing to watch someone else drive off with my baby... I took such good care of that bad boy. It's going to new home and he got a heck of a deal on it :p

I was depressed for a while and then I remembered I picked this up last week..

so I was like...

Mods you can delete the thread if need be.
Thanks man! I loved the drive home! It will be well loved and cared for! Give me a call if you're ever in the SLC area and you can come see it again.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Now we have a new member to the R forum, sucka!!! :D

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
LOL Yep that was me, I was getting money from the bank over there!! I never heard of Euro tech before.. Rancho is a hike for me... :p SVS did a good job, and the Dealer well you guys would flip out what they quoted me originally when this all happened.. I couldn't believe it.!!
Oh man, I could have talked you down off the Volvo-selling edge! :) it's all good, enjoy the new ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts