SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 V70R, 29,6xx miles, Magic Blue/Atacama. If this sounds familiar, it’s because I bought it from Skywolf on this forum in the spring of ‘18. Shipped closed container Passport Transport from Atlanta, landing in my garage mid-March with 25,176 miles on the clock. It remains in near pristine condition.

I bought it with the intention of making it my good weather daily, running to Lowes, the kids to school, etc. Then it arrived and that didn’t happen. Just way too nice. So instead I just kept getting into my 2000 V70R (thanks JRL) with 180k on the clock and all the imperfections you can imagine where my kids, 10 bags of mulch, etc…, are right at home. I used this ’06 mostly to make meetings an hour or so away and a few short business trips, almost all highway miles. Simply not enough use or enjoyment to justify the money I have tied up in it. It was on the road from early April to November of ’18, indoor stored until this past May, and then on the road until now. That accounts for the ~4,400 miles I’ve put on it, most of them highway. Always garaged at my home. No street or parking garages. No food. No smoking. No pets. No nothing.

The history of the car when I bought it here was this: “This car was purchased new from Volvo of Charlottesville, driven for about 3 years and then purchased by the previous owner who already had another V70R. This V70R sat in the garage, coming out periodically for exercise, washes and maintenance. It was immaculately kept up by the previous owner. When I first saw it I was impressed and then of course, I purchased it.

Current condition: pretty awesome. It came with a timing belt that was installed in June of ’17 at 24k and a clean Carfax (still that way). Skywolf’s description of the exterior remains accurate: minor road debris damage on the very bottom of the nose and otherwise has virtually no dings, dents, scratches or swirl marks. I’ve had it fully detailed twice (last fall and last month), and it came with a fresh one in the spring of ’18. The leather remains soft (you can still smell it) with no rips, tears or fading, except for a tiny imperfection on the driver’s seat bolster that I’ve posted a closeup of. There is a small fray on the binding of the trunk carpet where the lock mechanism is (also pictured). The wheels show some minor scuffing (see pics) that they came with.

Since I bought it I’ve done the following:
- 4/18: Volvo OEM rubber mats (frnt, rear, rear tunnel, trunk) from FCP;
- 6/18: Professional window tinting (because Atacama);
- 6/18: Valet Key (it has two full working fobs in addition);
- 11/18: Trans flush b/c I worried that the fluid was getting old; driver’s side A pillar cover OEM replaced (dime-sized smudge was driving me nuts); cotton lined,
waterproof cover used one season for storage (included);
- 8/19: Oil change (synthetic). The engine temp gauge didn’t work a few times and I’d have to turn off and restart. My local indie shop (Arbor Motion, formerly
Swedish Engineering) traced it to a service bulletin (part of included service records) that advised a software update from the dealer. That happened a week
later. All good since. No Vida codes.

The only known fault (but for the imperfections noted above and the obligatory black smudge on the charge pipe), is a “small hole” in the radiator. I noticed that, after putting about 3k on it that my coolant was down a bit when I was under the hood. I had a pressure test run at the 8/19 service and the leak surfaced. I’ve put a few hundred highway miles on since and the coolant level doesn’t appear to have moved. Arbor Motion quoted me ~$1,300 to replace and that I will do (along with another code scan) prior to delivery.

Everything else works. Everything. I didn’t get into it much, but when I did it pulled very hard and shifted flawlessly (the “Advanced” button works). 4C is perfect. Air blows cold. Seats, lights, every switch and function there is, perfect. Ditto the radio/cd player. It’s on a set of Eagle GT’s. Lincoln’s head on a penny buries past his brow.

It comes with the order sheet, two working remotes and valet key, Atacama wrapped owner’s manual, maintenance history but for the self-maintenance Skywolf reports that the guy he purchased from did himself, and the original Atacama interior sample.

I’m asking $25,499 with the new radiator. If you want to make an offer with the radiator as is, just make that clear. Please no low balling: I’ll keep it before I let it go cheaply. The orderly part of me says I’m not interested in trades. The impulsive part notes that I often dream of a mechanically well-sorted Amazon wagon that I can daily around town in the warm months.

I’m happy to answer questions, take a particular pic, etc… If you’re local you can come see. I’ll do my best to facilitate third-party inspections and transport. I’ve posted a bunch of pics that are my best effort and, no doubt, rank amateur, even after trying a few different times. Note that in the direct sun shots it photographs closer to black than it is and there’s a little white lint present in a few close ups as I didn’t plan on the grass flecks on the bumper. You can a few below and all here: https://imgur.com/a/Itaqssk

Contact: PM here or [email protected], the latter of which I have access to more frequently.

Vin: YV1SJ527062573730

Immediate Past Sale: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?526178-SOLD-2006-V70-R-Magic-Blue-Atacama-Automatic-25k-miles&=1

Associated Photos (at time of that sale): https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM2Vrh_LpQmRG4t25-2Yuz4eKXh4D4K9h2ajD7fgkQW3AtUO9GKv2qzKxbjdg9Ftw?key=LVJ2R3dCRkpjLXlkLTRtWEZsV1dkNUlIWlhRSHN3

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Stunningly gorgeous just as it was when it left here.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Skywolf, you took the words right out my mouth. Stunningly gorgeous.

That dark purpley-blue metallic paint over the orange leather that still looks pristine (in the pics anyway). Lord have mercy.

If I had a spare $25,000 I would gladly make a reasonable offer.

Ordmad, something tells me that you will have no difficultly finding a new caretaker for this sophisticated mechanical rolling art, but if no buyers turn up here, I always recommend considering submitting such vehicles to bring a trailer where auto-obssessed illogical enthusiasts practice rituals referred to as bidding wars, that result in rapidly decreased bank account balance for the lucky winner of rare automotive specimens.

I happen to like this color combination more than the sonic blue over Atacama.

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have no idea why I want this R? Volvo Gods are telling me to immediately to replace that front bumper (while I still can with a factory unit) and put OEM 18's and park it next to other queens in the garage.

What a beautiful caR and tint looks really good on this one.

GLWS.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
What is this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. BAT is my backup. This has always seemed like a more discerning crowd with better Volvo homes.

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the bumper nose does appear to be popped up. I never noticed this - thought it came that way and owning a P1 never thought to question it. It's the original bumper and there's not a mark or scratch on the front of it Must have happened in transport or at the dealer. I'll have it looked at and will advise. Sorry gents.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Beautiful car! Absolutely stunning paint and that leather looks perfect - probably better than showroom condition. I have no doubts you'll find a buyer. I know I'd buy it if I had the money.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good luck! Judging by the 2007 Sonicama GT that sold on BAT with double the miles, I would say your price is in line

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bumper update: Just back from the body shop. Center of bumper was definitely "lifted up from under" at some point. No marks or scaring along front lip so no "contact" with anything there. He released the lip where it was stuck and it sat back down nearly where it's supposed to be. It's going in Friday. They expect to throw a heatlamp on it and reset it the rest of the way. "Very small chance" that it will need to come off, paint, etc..., but they have authority to do so if it comes to that. Here's a pic after the visit.

·
Registered
16,814 Posts
:thumbup:
A big improvement that you and the future owner will be much obliged for.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Great news!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. Really hard to imagine what happened to cause it.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
My money is on the transport and me not being familiar enough with P2's to catch it.
Wasn’t the transport. I would have noticed it when I was at your place.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
My money is on the transport and me not being familiar enough with P2's to catch it.
I mean the actual action of what happened to cause the bumper to get jammed up like that. It seems like a very difficult section of body to manipulate.

Anyway, I'm sure the body shop will get it sorted back out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
V70R

Totally understand having a V70 T5 to run errands with, while this piece of automotive art awaits those “special driving moments”. Just when I thought Sonic Blue and Atacama would be the ultimate unicorn, this beauty shows up. Jeez, it’s just gorgeous!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Absolutely stunning car. I have another year on my X5 lease or I'd seriously consider this purchase. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts