SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 Volvo V70R 6-speed manual. Titanium gray, nordkap interior. Sunroof delete, no roof rails.

I bought this V70R from the second owner in California and had the car shipped to WI. Garaged winters. I've dealt with many of the R issues, see below. I have paper service records from the previous owners. I purchased the car in 2014 with 84k miles.

I have always loved Volvos, this is my third wagon. But I don't have space for 3 cars and really want to get back into track days. The R isn't a good fit as a track car so unfortunately it's got to go to a new home.

Since I've had the car, I have done:
  • clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder at 98k after the slave failed
  • new front 4C shocks and mounts
  • new front right axle
  • pads/rotors all around
  • new driveshaft
  • replaced angle gear collar
  • IPD motor and torque mounts
  • Eurosport non-resonated (sport) catback. Stock downpipe and sounds amazing. Stock tune.

Car has Enkei RSF5 (18x8, 5x108/5x4.25, 40mm Offset) wheels with Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires - less than 10k on the tires. Some curb on the wheels.

Original carpet mats included - I personally did not use them. I bought Volvo brand rubber mats when I bought the car. Carpet under mats is in excellent condition.

Known issues - I will try to disclose everything I can - please ask if you have any questions.
  • Parking brake seized and broke. Apparently a common issue on P2 cars that I was not aware of. Left side parking brake is inoperating. Right side does work and engages but I do not recommend using it, for fear it will also seize.
  • wear and fading on both driver and passenger outside bolsters. See photos. No tears or creases but nordkap dye has faded.
  • a few small dents on left R door - see photo. Paintless dent could likely remove
  • small scuff on rear bumper from parking lot hit - see photo. Small dent on roof - see photo
  • weeping from power steering reservoir. Apparently the 05+ part is improved. I've never noticed a change in fluid level

Car is located in Milwaukee, WI. Currently 103k miles - car is occasionally driven but it is not my daily driver. Will go into storage end of October if not sold.

SOLD

please email DJHALL3 at g-mail dot com as I don't check swedespeed often

more photos of the car here: https://djhall3888.imgur.com/all/#1

records:

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Enkei's look great!

Does "sunroof delete" mean it had one and was removed as implied?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no - no sunroof ever on this car. I think the sunroof was standard on the V70R and it was an option to delete? Maybe I'm wrong but I have only seen 1 other car without the sunroof.

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
This is a good looking car. Glwts! Sunroof delete is cool, and I have seen a few but they are rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
no - no sunroof ever on this car. I think the sunroof was standard on the V70R and it was an option to delete? Maybe I'm wrong but I have only seen 1 other car without the sunroof.
I have one. We have twins. ;)

I wonder how much it would cost to transport to Central Oregon.....
~$500-$1000

·
Registered
375 Posts
2004 Volvo V70R 6-speed manual. Titanium gray, nordkap interior. Sunroof delete, no roof rails.

I bought this V70R from the second owner in California and had the car shipped to WI. Garaged winters. I've dealt with many of the R issues, see below. I have paper service records from the previous owners. I purchased the car in 2014 with 84k miles.

I have always loved Volvos, this is my third wagon. But I don't have space for 3 cars and really want to get back into track days. The R isn't a good fit as a track car so unfortunately it's got to go to a new home.

Since I've had the car, I have done:

• clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder at 98k after the slave failed
  • new front 4C shocks and mounts
  • new front right axle
  • pads/rotors all around
  • new driveshaft
  • replaced angle gear collar
  • IPD motor and torque mounts
  • Eurosport non-resonated (sport) catback. Stock downpipe and sounds amazing. Stock tune.

Car has Enkei RSF5 (18x8, 5x108/5x4.25, 40mm Offset) wheels with Sumitomo HTR ZIII tires - less than 10k on the tires. Some curb on the wheels.

Original carpet mats included - I personally did not use them. I bought Volvo brand rubber mats when I bought the car. Carpet under mats is in excellent condition.

Known issues - I will try to disclose everything I can - please ask if you have any questions.

• Parking brake seized and broke. Apparently a common issue on P2 cars that I was not aware of. Left side parking brake is inoperating. Right side does work and engages but I do not recommend using it, for fear it will also seize.
  • wear and fading on both driver and passenger outside bolsters. See photos. No tears or creases but nordkap dye has faded.
  • a few small dents on left R door - see photo. Paintless dent could likely remove
  • small scuff on rear bumper from parking lot hit - see photo. Small dent on roof - see photo
  • weeping from power steering reservoir. Apparently the 05+ part is improved. I've never noticed a change in fluid level

Car is located in Milwaukee, WI. Currently 103k miles - car is occasionally driven but it is not my daily driver. Will go into storage end of October if not sold.

Asking $10,000

please email DJHALL3 at g-mail dot com as I don't check swedespeed often

Right in my own backyard! Emailed!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
responded to a few emails.

Here's the detail on the lack-of-sunroof:

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
Nice quick sale. Congrats!

·
Registered
375 Posts
The caR is staying local and going to a good home! I look forward to many new adventures with it! I am thinking about starting my own thread over in the R forum, stay tuned :beer:

IMG_20171013_175131.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
The caR is staying local and going to a good home! I look forward to many new adventures with it! I am thinking about starting my own thread over in the R forum, stay tuned :beer:
Do it! Twins gotta stick together! :beer: :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts