SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the long post, but if you’re interested you’ll likely appreciate the information dump.

My better half has a 2004 Volvo V70R AWD automatic transmission that she has driven as her only car for just over 10 yrs and has just purchased a new vehicle. The V70R is up for sale. Overall the R is clean and has been well maintained. The first couple of years of her ownership I did some of the maintenance such as brakes etc., but largely all the maintenance has been done by either a local indy or Volvo dealership. On occasion, if we could get parts cheaper, we would purchase parts from either FCP Euro or IPD and only pay our local indy labor to install our supplied parts.

The R’s first owner was a woman in North Carolina. When we purchased the car it was cosmetically in good condition other than some curbing of the wheels, a chip in the glass of the right front headlight (this has never been a problem other than slightly cosmetically noticeable), a small hole in the drivers seat, and some scuffs on the lowest portion / underside of the front bumper. All of these items can be seen in the photos. At the time of purchase, the car was mechanically sound. In addition, at the time of purchase we had a body shop check the car over to confirm there had never been any body or paint work performed during the first ownership.
We purchased the car in May of 2009 with 91,439 miles on the odometer.
We got a print out from the Volvo dealership of all the maintenance ever done from new to confirm it had been maintained correctly and in a timely manner.
Since our ownership all oil and filter changes have been done timely with Mobil 1 10W30 synthetic oil and Mahle cartridge oil filters. If I had time I would change the oil and filter myself, otherwise we mostly had an indy or sometimes a Volvo dealer do the oil and filter change. Regardless who performed the oil change, we took our own oil/filter and paid them only for their labor. Tires have been rotated at the time of oil and filter changes.

2004 Volvo V70R AWD
Automatic transmission
Current mileage ~ 154,230
Color - exterior is silver metallic; interior is Nordkap Black/Blue
Tread left on tires - approximately 1/8 of an inch left on fronts (slightly less on rear tires)
We added the iMIV Volvo Multi Media Melbus Module to accept phone connection to factory radio
We added the luggage cover for the cargo area
Has two extra sets of floor mats, one carpet, one all weather (in cargo area photo)
Has retractable Volvo dog net that stores in the back of seats for keeping dog in cargo area
Emissions current and passed in state of Georgia
Oil and filter changed / tires rotated approximately 500 miles ago
Unless noted below everything works, no codes and A/C is cold
Clean Title in hand

I’ll briefly list the maintenance performed below; we have all receipts of work performed since our ownership. I believe most parts used have been genuine Volvo parts or better unless noted:
8/2010 - fuel filter, fuel system flush, timing belt, tensioner, idler roller, serpentine belt, cabin filter
1/2011 - replaced rear brake pads
1/2013 - HD end links front and rear, control arms left and right with new bolts, tie-rod end left and right
6/2013 - replaced CV boots on right axle
4/2013 - drivers side front fender damaged (hit & run while parked on street), replaced with Volvo fender and repainted by Performance Auto Collision Alpharetta, GA (Lifetime warranty provided by Performance)
3/2014 - replaced both strut cushions with XC90 cushions
12/2014 - replaced one ignition coil
3/2015 - replaced front left and right strut assemblies, replaced right rear door actuator, spark plugs, fuel filter
10/2016 - replaced front brake pads, rear pads and rotors
10/2016 - replaced front right axle with aftermarket axle
4/2017 - replaced right engine mount
9/2017 - replaced fuel pressure sensor
3/2018 - replaced radiator
3/2018 - replaced left front axle with aftermarket axle

Current known issues with the car:
- Recently when I went to wash the car and started spraying water on the front windshield it cracked to my surprise. We don’t remember anything hitting the windshield leading up to this, never the less after driving the car for approximately 8 weeks the crack now spans most of the front windshield. Per Safelite the cost to replace is ~ $300.
- There is a vibration when driving the car and our indy has told us the front right axle is the problem and needs replacing. Per indy estimate is ~ $350.
- Drivers side seat heater doesn’t work (I remember looking up how to dyi fix it on the forum years ago but just realized I forgot about it and never fixed it).
- Few scuffs and scratches in random places along sides of car that could be detailed out and a few minor dings (primarily rear doors) from her parking in a parking deck at work.

Photos are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FLbjxSwpn2JLMGSU9

Selling Price - $5,300
Location - Atlanta, GA
Local transaction / Local Pick up only
Method of Payment - Option 1: both parties make cash transaction at preferred local bank, or Option 2: verified wire transfer
Method of contact - either PM or post your contact info and I’ll follow up with you
Please, serious inquires only and test drive only for serious buyers; thank you for understanding.
Please, do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers.

Thanks for your interest,
Terry

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Nice ad. GLWTS. Volvos & wagons are rare in your parts.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Surprised this isn't scooped up yet!

Also was washing my 07 xc70 and did the same thing with the windshield. Never saw it coming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Selling Price Lowered - $4,600
If you still have this girl in 3 weeks when I'm back in NOLA, I'll be very interested. is it possible to get the vin#? I used to be a Volvo Level 4 service tech, and my dad still works for Volvo Norway, I would just like to check a few things.

Has this beauty ever been in an accident? does it have a clear title?
I'm sorry if I missed it in your post. hard to read on a phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you still have this girl in 3 weeks when I'm back in NOLA, I'll be very interested. is it possible to get the vin#? I used to be a Volvo Level 4 service tech, and my dad still works for Volvo Norway, I would just like to check a few things.

Has this beauty ever been in an accident? does it have a clear title?
I'm sorry if I missed it in your post. hard to read on a phone.
PM with answers sent…
Answers can also be found within ad and/or photos via the link.
Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Surprised this isn't scooped up yet!

Also was washing my 07 xc70 and did the same thing with the windshield. Never saw it coming.
Yep, when it happened to me the car was parked in a level driveway in the shade and it was mid 70’s. The windshield hadn’t had anything hit it or chips that we were aware of. This was actually the first cracked windshield either of us has ever had on any car so to say the least I was caught off guard. After it happened and a few minutes of research I figured out that it’s not that uncommon unfortunately . I appreciate you sharing your experience; I too never saw it coming.

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Love seeing cars sell on the forum. Congrats to both parties!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts