SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to let go of my 1998 Volvo V70 GLT (light pressure turbo). This has been my daily driver for the past 3 years and it has served me well. It has been meticulously maintained, oil changed every 5,000 miles with synthetic oil and a Mann filter. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly and the fluid was changed about a year ago (3-part drain-and-fill).

Good overall condition inside and out. The only real issues are a sagging headliner (but it is NOT ripped and doesn’t have push pins holding it up, so it can be re-glued) and the front seats have a little wear. Nothing too bad. The rear seats are excellent. The tailgate interior panel is damaged and would look much better if it was replaced, but of course this doesn’t affect the function of anything.
Original carpeted floor mats, and I have added OE wood grain dash trim, leather shift knob, and a driver side sun visor with the Homelink garage door opener. All speakers are in good working order and sound great!
Also has a V70XC egg crate grille with the '99+ Volvo badge.

The paint is in good shape overall, although the rear bumper is a little faded and scuffed. Slight fading on the roof as well. The tires have decent tread, but they are a little old with a little dry rot (I was running other wheels/tires). They ride well though and don’t vibrate. Yellow halogen fog light bulbs (relay modified to run fog lights with parking lights, as seen in pictures).

Mechanically, it’s in excellent shape. The PCV system was overhauled a couple years ago, and should be trouble-free for many miles to come. I just changed the heater core back in February, so there is no worry of that leaking. Heat and AC both work great!
Turbo coolant hoses and expansion tank hoses are upgraded with iPd and do88 silicone hoses. All silicone vacuum hoses.
Inner and outer tie rods, control arms, sway bar links, struts and mounts, spring seats, and rear shocks & mounts all replaced within the last couple years. Passenger CV axle replaced a couple weeks ago. I have stacks of maintenance records for this car, so I’m sure there are things I’m leaving out!

The only problem that would need to be fixed is the ABS module. This is a pretty easy replacement and a rebuilt unit can be ordered for around $100 from Midwest ABS. I will try to take care of this before selling, but this does not affect how it drives. You just won’t have ABS all the time… it will randomly cut out and the light will come on.
The only other thing I can think of aside from the aforementioned issues is I do not know exactly when the timing belt was last replaced. The previous owner told me the cylinder head had been rebuilt probably around 2014 (the car would have had approximately 165k miles at the time), so I assume the belt was done at the same time. It has a Gates timing belt that appears to be in good condition and all of the pulleys are in good shape. No evidence of leaks from the water pump. If I had any suspicion of it being an older, reused belt, I would have replaced it by now.

The car was in a front end collision in early 2015 before I bought it, and there is damage on the inner fender. It’s been pulled out and there are no issues with alignment of the front end or body panels. I have dealt with many of these P80 Volvos, and I can assure you the subframe is straight and undamaged! The car drives straight as an arrow, and you would never know it was ever in an accident unless you looked at the inner fender. That said, it could probably use an alignment, but I wouldn’t bother with that until you replace the tires and/or wheels.
The title is CLEAN, this car never had a salvage or rebuilt title.

It’s not perfect, but it is a dependable daily driver, and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere. It hurts me to let it go, but I have too many cars!

193k miles.

Clean NC title in hand, all ready to go! Feel free to PM me with any questions. $2,800 OBO.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/OdILACC

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLD

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
No surprise there. Good looking car. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No surprise there. Good looking car. Congrats!
Thanks! Fortunately it went to a good home, and the new owner is going to have me do the work on it. I’m going to be taking care of the timing belt, ABS module, and brakes next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts