SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my XC90 V8 Sport in hopes of buying a newer version of the same thing. My wife and I both like the XC90 (though the driver's seat is a little short for me @ 6'2"), but we would like to find a newer version also with a V8.
CL link with most of the relevant details: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red in Vancouver, WA

Asking price: SOLD!

Millage: 136,955

About the car: we bought it in March '17 and it has been a daily driver for my wife since then. Never in an accident nor had any major mechanical issues other than a serpentine belt idler pulley that came apart and broke a piece off of its shaft (which I repaired and then replaced all of the idler pulleys and tensioner pulley with Volvo parts. New serpentine belt too, obviously). I've done regular maintenance (lube and full synthetic oil changes since we've owned it) and did some part replacements that are listed in the CL ad. Overall, it's just been a solid dependable car for us and having driven the 6-cyl version, I can honestly say the V8 engine makes the XC90 come alive.

Interior Condition: The interior is very clean, no tears or holes in the leather, though the driver seat is showing cracks. Second row leather is in very good condition and the 3rd row seats look like new. There are some blemishes on the back seat door panels. Carpets are clean and unstained and the Volvo winter floor mats are used but clean. We don't smoke and I don't believe the car has ever been owned by a smoker. Cargo area carpets are very clean and show little to no wear. Headliner is clean and the electric moon roof works perfectly and does not leak a drop.

Exterior Condition: Overall the car looks very nice with shiny paint and no significant dents or damage. There is a small door ding on the front passenger door. There are a number of paint chips primarily on the horizontal door molding strips, hood and front end, and scratches in several places. The tow hook cover and bumper were hit by some road debris and are slightly damaged. There is a small paint scrape mid-level on the driver side of the front bumper. Wheels are the factory 19" Sport wheels and some of them have road rash. We installed four new Continental 255 50R 19 Cross Contact LX tires in 2017 and they have performed very well. The shop also replaced a tie rod or something similar (can't remember for sure) at that same time.

Modifications: None really except for adding USB charge ports to both the front and 2nd row 12volt/cigarette outlets. I did replace both headlight assemblies with aftermarket ones from IPD, which might qualify as a mod.

Repairs/Maintenance Needed: It is due for an oil change and service, which I will do. The front brakes are due to be redone, so I was planning of installing Bosch QuietCast rotors with Durid or Volvo pads, but can leave that choice for the new owner if desired.

Feel free to ask any questions or request additional photos. If you are in the Portland/Vancouver area, you are welcome to come by for a test drive or just to look it over. My phone number is in the CL add, so you can text or call if you wish. Can also contact me through email: craigs list 8 my life @ gmail dot com (remove the spaces and replace "dot" with a ".")

Thank you,

Todd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Price lowered to $6,495...what a deal! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is sold. I'm still amazed at the lack of interest in this very nice XC90. But the first person who actually came to look at it bought it for cash without even trying to negotiate and they were very happy. There must be a lesson here about how to successfully market a clean Volvo, but it eludes me at this point. It was kind of sad seeing our bright red XC90 drive away. And to add insult to injury, I am no longer a member of the Volvo club, at least until we find another Swedemobile :D

Cheers,
G33

1 - 3 of 3 Posts