SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
This is a rare color combo/optioned vr. I've spent a lot of time bringing it as close to mint condition as I can.
It came with rain sensing wipers, the rear facing seat, a doggy net, heated seats, the dash phone, and atacama leather.

You can see my progress in my post history.

Since I purchased this, I've replaced:

The top motor mount
The haldex filter and pressure/temp sensor. I also flushed the system several times.
Installed a borla xr1 muffler
Removed the seats to re-dye and clean the carpets
installed a sony android auto/apple carplay headunit with the mic mounted in the stock location (rearview mirror)
installed a control box so the steering wheel controls work
replaced all vac lines
replace the TCV
replaced the wastegate
replaced 2 check valves
replaced the coils
replaced all spark plugs
replaced the driveshaft
removed the exhaust bracket of death
replaced the parking brake shoes/springs
replaced the battery

the previous owner replaced both front 4c shocks
the front axles
the timing belt and water pump
both front strut mounts/spring seats
had the pegs powdercoated
and flushed all fluids

This car has been well maintained but after purchasing it I've realized it's... not the car I want.
Before I bought it was looking for something to replace my truck, something I could smash into curbs parking in the city with.
I already have 1 fancy car, so I have to get rid of this one.

I'm including:
1 spare coil
1 spare spark plug
extra wastegate springs
the ipd tcv
a vida/dice unit
the remaining leather dye
2 extra sets of mats
and the stock headunit/phone interface

Issues:
There is a warning for the volvo on-star service since it isn't subscribed to.
There's a tear in the rear seat that I was going to have a professional stitch up.

I'm doing my best to represent this car, here is an album with a ****load of pics:
https://imgur.com/a/nQhDgOV

Here's some vids:
exhaust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl491C1xJkE
pcv test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKOvRpSkr1U

I also have winter wheels/tires that I could include if we work something out.
It has a clean CA title, smogged in Jan.

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Any particular reason you didn't go the BAT route?
Their response was this:

"Thanks for the email

First of all, thank you for taking the time to complete the submission form. I'd be happy to explain a little more about the reasoning for us not electing to list your vehicle.

The character of the site tends to lean towards vintage, classic, and enthusiast cars, and because of the high volume of submissions we receive every day, we tend to be very particular about which vehicles we accept by using a manual curation process.

While you certainly have a nice V70R, the vehicles we tend to accept are ones with that either have very low mileage, are in great condition, or are part of a limited production run.

Although we may have listed a similar cars to yours in the past, this doesn't mean that we feel you don't have a great vehicle. It just means that the car either doesn't fit the above criteria based on our current auction needs, or we simply do not have the capacity to list this one based on the volume of similarly priced vehicle submissions we are receiving right now.

We're sorry it didn't work out on this one, and we hope to see you submit something new to us again in the future!

Thanks again for considering BaT."

I think silver+atacama+all the options on a car where only a thousand were sold in 2004 is rare but whatever.

For the year 2004...Total number of V70 R and S60 R imported to the U.S.

V70 R Auto = 1024
V70 R Man = 541

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
That is utter BS. Look at this fine 180K-mile example BAT just had up recently :rolleyes:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat Luxury vehicle Auto part Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Pipe

Yours is pristine. That BAT one was whipped, worn, crusty and dirty.
My money says somebody there said, "Doesn't matter how nice his is, we've had too many of these lately".
Can't imagine what other explanation there could be.

Your car is fantastic. If I were looking, I'd definitely be on it. GLWS!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My money says somebody there said, "Doesn't matter how nice his is, we've had too many of these lately".
yep, that's all I can think of.
When I submitted mine, it was the day that that one went live.
I don't believe they get how rare silver+atacama is, even if it is auto. Oh well, all I can hope for is ebay to work out...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Their response was this:

"Thanks for the email

First of all, thank you for taking the time to complete the submission form. I'd be happy to explain a little more about the reasoning for us not electing to list your vehicle.

The character of the site tends to lean towards vintage, classic, and enthusiast cars, and because of the high volume of submissions we receive every day, we tend to be very particular about which vehicles we accept by using a manual curation process.

While you certainly have a nice V70R, the vehicles we tend to accept are ones with that either have very low mileage, are in great condition, or are part of a limited production run.

Although we may have listed a similar cars to yours in the past, this doesn't mean that we feel you don't have a great vehicle. It just means that the car either doesn't fit the above criteria based on our current auction needs, or we simply do not have the capacity to list this one based on the volume of similarly priced vehicle submissions we are receiving right now.

We're sorry it didn't work out on this one, and we hope to see you submit something new to us again in the future!

I think silver+atacama+all the options on a car where only a thousand were sold in 2004 is rare but whatever.

V70 R Auto = 1024
V70 R Man = 541
Not surprised, typical BAT. Now if you had an aircooled Porsche...

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Not surprised, typical BAT. Now if you had an aircooled Porsche...
LOL yea isn’t their criteria for listing that your car is more rare than a Singer (100 made so far)?

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
Article: "...unless you've been under a rock..."
Clearly I have been. OMG. Stunning. Need to play the lottery, buy myself a new car and then a new truck with automatic braking and lane departure for the guy that hit me to save my new car.
LOL yea isn’t their criteria for listing that your car is more rare than a Singer (100 made so far)?

·
Registered
242 Posts
keeping an eye on this on eBay. It's in my backyard just down the 101

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all the warnings are now fixed besides the "on call service required." I'll take it to the dealer in a few weeks after I get the slash in the rear seat repaired.

what was causing the warnings? Bent pins on the CEM:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't reply for some reason:

The following errors occurred with your submission
yeemeister has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove yeemeister from the recipient list and send the message again.

Whats your email address?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Their response was this:

"Thanks for the email

V70 R Auto = 1024
V70 R Man = 541
For what it's worth, you can negotiate with BAT. They tried to lowball my 350R when I submitted it. Same with my M2. In the end, I pushed back and got what I wanted.

Protip: Start with more than you want. If you're seeking a reserve of $16,000, tell them you want $21,000. Settle at $17,000 or $16,000.

There's a lot of pricing theory that goes into negotiations. Always remember that you're negotiating with BAT just as much as any direct buyer.

Also, nice car. If I was looking for a car of that generation, I'd buy yours. The color combination is awesome!

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
That's Bs that bat wouldn't list this car. Theyve had crap mustangs on there and other low end junk. This is a nice wagon.

Maybe you didn't provide enough clear photos.... ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts