SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea where I would be without the info in these forums so thanks to everyone. My wife and I recently got the update in her car. At the dealership, I asked the guy to run me through CarPlay and what the update entailed- even though I already had a real good idea. "No idea- I just install what they tell me," was his response. "Wow," was all I could say to that!

We love the SUV, but boy does Volvo have a lonnnnnng way to go. At minimum we should have at least gotten a flyer explaining SOMETHING. :):thumbdown::thumbdown:

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
We love the SUV, but boy does Volvo have a lonnnnnng way to go.

I agree with that. My dealership tries but the process they have in place for troubleshooting stuff on this vehicle that is beyond their ability is sad and takes WAY too long. And VCNA (Volvo Cars of North America in New Jersey) needs an overhaul. Pure lip service from the people there. Save everything you say and write to them.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have no idea where I would be without the info in these forums so thanks to everyone. My wife and I recently got the update in her car. At the dealership, I asked the guy to run me through CarPlay and what the update entailed- even though I already had a real good idea. "No idea- I just install what they tell me," was his response. "Wow," was all I could say to that!

We love the SUV, but boy does Volvo have a lonnnnnng way to go. At minimum we should have at least gotten a flyer explaining SOMETHING. :):thumbdown::thumbdown:
Online manual has update information concerning CarPlay interactions

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree completely with what you have said. I had my Sensus update last week at Bay Ridge Volvo in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, no dealership in Manhattan. No Yelp, no other apps, no explanation how things work. Coming from Audi, I am appalled at Volvo's customer service standards. Audi would return the car washed and with a bottle of water.

I am however in love with the car. Pity the service is not on par.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Agree completely with what you have said. I had my Sensus update last week at Bay Ridge Volvo in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, no dealership in Manhattan. No Yelp, no other apps, no explanation how things work. Coming from Audi, I am appalled at Volvo's customer service standards. Audi would return the car washed and with a bottle of water.

I am however in life be with the car. Pity the service is not on par.
That's terrible - every dealer is different. I always get my car back so clean that I'm almost convinced a detailer is hiding in the back that I can't see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts