SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just got a text that my car is ready for lunchtime pickup. Will get it and report back when I've had some time to mess with it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok, so it turns out that my service dept. is actually not installing the updates right now, as they want to see how it turns out before pulling the trigger. So I will be picking up my car with all of the leaking issues fixed, a new headliner, the full meal deal, except for the update.

Doesn't bother me one bit, as I'm sure I'd be back in within a day or two with issues if it was installed.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so it turns out that my service dept. is actually not installing the updates right now, as they want to see how it turns out before pulling the trigger. So I will be picking up my car with all of the leaking issues fixed, a new headliner, the full meal deal, except for the update.

Doesn't bother me one bit, as I'm sure I'd be back in within a day or two with issues if it was installed.
Yeah, I don't blame them for being skittish. I think some service department got caught in the middle of this yesterday and had to deal with the flash and roll-backs and unhappy customers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It sure is interesting that Volvo corporate has given the all clear and there are dealership(s) that are still holding off.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sure is interesting that Volvo corporate has given the all clear and there are dealership(s) that are still holding off.
1) We saw how long communication took even before the crisis yesterday. Many probably haven't heard through their network yet.

2) If you worked at a service department and dealt with having cars need to be reset, flashed and rolled-back yesterday, would you be in a hurry to try it again today?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
1) We saw how long communication took even before the crisis yesterday. Many probably haven't heard through their network yet.

2) If you worked at a service department and dealt with having cars need to be reset, flashed and rolled-back yesterday, would you be in a hurry to try it again today?
A better way for this would be to allow several days for dealer to try out on their demo cars first, before letting customers bring in their cars.
It should be made clear that the time software available to customer could be days later than when dealer got it.

Logistics and communication issue here created hassle for people.

·
Registered
162 Posts
And I hope they've downloaded a bunch of these on beta testers I'm the wild before being made publicly available... Doesn't seem like they did.

·
Registered
419 Posts
And I hope they've downloaded a bunch of these on beta testers I'm the wild before being made publicly available... Doesn't seem like they did.
WAIT! There are conflicting reports on the linked site and the "OK" does not come from an official Volvo source. Click the link and check out the mosr recent posts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is confirmed, the update is available again. Dealer working on it right at this moment.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WAIT! There are conflicting reports on the linked site and the "OK" does not come from an official Volvo source. Click the link and check out the mosr recent posts.
The SensusNavigation poster is a Volvo employee and it was a Volvo Sweden employee who sent me the link. Like the poster above, my dealer has also confirmed that they have been cleared to do installs again.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The SensusNavigation poster is a Volvo employee and it was a Volvo Sweden employee who sent me the link. Like the poster above, my dealer has also confirmed that they have been cleared to do installs again.
My dealer insisted Volvo was still refusing to give him the software, late this afternoon and well after that post to the Volvo support forum. Not disputing its authenticity in the least but in my case, the info was inaccurate. My dealer spent two hours after seeing the post trying to gain access and failed.

Also according to this service center, the issue was apparently related to the sequencing of certain parts of the update, if that makes sense.

Has anyone actually gotten this update yet?

·
Registered
381 Posts
My dealer has the update and the authority to begin installing the update but they are not doing so at this time because they are smart. It put a car to "sleep" at my service center, whatever that means and so it looks like they threw up their hands and went "F" that for the time being.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My dealer insisted Volvo was still refusing to give him the software, late this afternoon and well after that post to the Volvo support forum. Not disputing its authenticity in the least but in my case, the info was inaccurate. My dealer spent two hours after seeing the post trying to gain access and failed.

Also according to this service center, the issue was apparently related to the sequencing of certain parts of the update, if that makes sense.

Has anyone actually gotten this update yet?
Yes, people have gotten the update.

It's not an issue other whether the release is accurate -- your dealer and their VCNA contact just aren't up-to-date on the info. Even before the glitch yesterday there were plenty of dealers still insisting they still hadn't release the software at all, even the first time. This is no different. VCNA is a disaster when it comes to communication. I spoke to my dealer around 3:45 today. At that time they said the had "just spoken" to their contact at VCNA at it was still on hold. I forwarded them to Support announcement (and backed it up with my direct contact from Volvo) and told them to call again. I heard back 20 minutes later that they confirmed it was a go. I'm sure there are many people within VCNA who still have no idea. So it completely depends who your dealer talks to.

For those not in a hurry, better to let all this sort out. For those with a reason to get it ASAP, it's going to take the squeaky wheel in some cases to compensate for VCNA communication shortcomings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts