SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updates in software V2.5
  • Improvements to reduce the risk of not being able to open the car with the remote key.
  • Care Key support that makes it possible for the owner of the car to limit the maximum speed of the car. More information about Care Key can be found in the owner’s manual.
  • A button for removing a paired device is added to the menu for pairing devices.
  • Apple CarPlay bug fixes and stability improvements.
  • Google Assistant support for SiriusXM added for subscribers to the service in North America.
  • FM/DAB radio bug fixes and functional improvements. The last selected radio station will start when vehicle is started again.
  • Seat and steering wheel heat can be set to auto on in parking climate.
  • Drivetrain optimisation adjustments.
  • Note: Information sharing between vehicles is temporarily disabled. This can be enabled in the car’s privacy settings after V2.5 is installed. Read more about Connected Safety in your owner’s manual. Information sharing between vehicles via cloud services is only available in Europe, Canada, and the U.S

Reactions: LaGSa

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Sounds like they are slowly but surely addressing major complaints. (Yes, most should have been done WELL before release in the first place)

· Registered
21 Posts
How do you install this? just go into the far right page and click the software update button? Also, there are map updates that won't update and tell me to go to a web address. Is that normal?
Checked the car itself while connected to WIFI and only saw a map update.
Wonder if this is only updated after a service visit at the dealer?

Can anyone confirm how to check what version the car currently has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2016 XC90 T6
91 Posts
Also, there are map updates that won't update and tell me to go to a web address. Is that normal?

Yes. The easiest way is to download all of North America maps on to a thumb drive and then install from that.

· Registered
275 Posts
Checked the car itself while connected to WIFI and only saw a map update.
Wonder if this is only updated after a service visit at the dealer?

Can anyone confirm how to check what version the car currently has?

I bet you have to bring the car in which is annoying imo. I just brought mine in for annual maintenance a month ago and they put the latest on. They shouldn’t charge me I’m hoping. And if they wanted to they would probably do it anyway if I just don’t say anything which seems to be what they do whenever you have any kind of issue. And I have to go in because my parking climate isn’t working all of a sudden. Says service required when I try. They said something about it’s a common new issue and they don’t have the part it’s on back order so they scheduled me for a month from now. The FM radio issue instead of Sirius is what I have been trying to solve since day one and they’ve had no idea what I was talking about and just did software installs. So it sounds like national Volvo / corporate finally got to the bottom of it. Thank The Lord. Worse glitch ever.

· Registered
21 Posts
I bet you have to bring the car in which is annoying imo. I just brought mine in for annual maintenance a month ago and they put the latest on. They shouldn’t charge me I’m hoping. And if they wanted to they would probably do it anyway if I just don’t say anything which seems to be what they do whenever you have any kind of issue. And I have to go in because my parking climate isn’t working all of a sudden. Says service required when I try. They said something about it’s a common new issue and they don’t have the part it’s on back order so they scheduled me for a month from now. The FM radio issue instead of Sirius is what I have been trying to solve since day one and they’ve had no idea what I was talking about and just did software installs. So it sounds like national Volvo / corporate finally got to the bottom of it. Thank The Lord. Worse glitch ever.
Sounds like you have the HVHC part issue that’s proven to be running rampant in T8s (check out the “22.5 recharge heater not working” thread in the forum..

I actually have the same issue and am scheduled to get it replaced on Saturday, at which point I’ll ask them about the software update as well.

· Registered
21 Posts
This is a sh!tshow of a thread. OP, that update is only for 2023 MY Volvos. For map updates, google Volvo Map Update and you can download to a flash drive and plug it into your volvo's USB port in the center console (for any year in this sub). If only there was a mod that could update the title of this thread to denote the update being only for MY23

· Registered
3 Posts
Is there a way to force the AAOS update on the MY23, or do you just have to have the car connected to Wi-Fi, be on the charger, lock the doors, and cross your fingers?

Mine (US model) is still saying I have the latest version (2.4) though the release notes button takes me to the page where 2.5 is listed. Just wondering how long I should expect to wait for the update…

· Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to force the AAOS update on the MY23, or do you just have to have the car connected to Wi-Fi, be on the charger, lock the doors, and cross your fingers?

Mine (US model) is still saying I have the latest version (2.4) though the release notes button takes me to the page where 2.5 is listed. Just wondering how long I should expect to wait for the update…
same questions here, I just picked up my MY23 XC90 Recharge on Saturday and when I check for update it says I have the latest but I am still on 2.4

· Registered
3 Posts
same questions here, I just picked up my MY23 XC90 Recharge on Saturday and when I check for update it says I have the latest but I am still on 2.4
Volvo updates the release notes before the OTA update is actually available for general owners. From what I’ve seen it is first available to dealerships (so folks getting their car serviced might pick it up with the new software) and then to general owners. Typically takes like a week or so after release notes shows a new update to when your car will prompt you.

· Registered
29 Posts
I was at the Volvo dealer Monday Nov 21 and they updated the software to 2.5 and told me that my 2022 late T8 has a defective heater. They have no timeline for receiving the replacement part. :( Apparently all of the XC 60 T8’s have this issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts