SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It be awesome if a new Forum or Subforum could be set up so that posters could identify a requested software enhancement by model and model year and then allow others to vote with a thumbs up or thumbs down to give Volvo's product management some useful feedback.

I envision a "list" of enhancements that can be displayed by Model and relevance by Model Year which can be sorted or filtered by status (e.g., legacy, current production, concept). Maybe each Model could be a sub forum.

Each short description of an enhancement could allow for individual comments that could be toggled on and then off to get a suppressed, clean list, but yet allow users to share their individual needs and perspectives including whether they believe a particular enhancement rises to the level of a bug or defect in their opinion.

The information could be talked and quantified realtime if desired. I think this would be a win/win for both customers and Volvo and channel people's energies and passion into something useful.

I am not sure what the technologies are or that are needed, but just an idea to consider. Maybe Volvo Corporate or VCNA would like to take the lead.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it's better handled as a sticky post in the respective vehicle forum or in the OBD, CANBUS & Engine Management forum. Let's be honest, Volvo is only going to offer enhancements for the first couple of years at best and then they'll move onto newer products. I don't think they'll add functionality that they weren't already planning to add based on forum wants. Volvo software support is going to drop quicker than Microsoft drops support for old versions of Windows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts