Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S60L (P3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've started thinking about a new car, definitely Volvo, but not sure which Volvo exactly should I go for.

The primary criteria is a comfortable ride, because I'm mainly driving in a small city with bad pavement and potholes. However when going on the highway, I still prefer to stay on the road, rather than wrapping a tree, when taking a turn at 40-60mph.
Second criteria is power, I'm definitely not a spirited driver, but I like to know I can push the pedal and fly away (well, fly away in the Volvo definition of speed) from drivers around me that don't seem to pay attention to the road.
I'm in a Eastern European country and I've decided to buy a barely damaged vehicle from Copart (or similar auctions) that costs next to nothing to properly restore. With all those saved money, I'm perfectly fine with repairing the car with money from my pocket when the time comes.

Currently driving an 2008 S40 2.4, so interior space and comfort aren't really the strong points of this car, but anything starting with an S60L is enough for me.

-- S90 (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks. It's supposedly the softest ride considering it's class?
Cons: The 200inch (5 meters) of car length may be a little too much for a small city.

-- V60CC (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks. Increased ground clearance and cargo space is awesome. I have no idea if the increase ground clearance results in "better cushioning" all those damaged roads... and I can't test it because we don't have any V60CC in the entire country.
Cons: Not any I'm aware of.

-- S60L (P3)
Pros: Cheapest. Still looks great. Most parts available as it's an older car. The Inscription version (S60L) supposedly has a softer suspension compared to the regular S60 ... though again I can't test this exact model anywhere nearby
Cons: Probably worse safety than SPA. I'll have to really pray every night that nobody damages my rear doors (which are longer than on the regular S60), otherwise I'm screwed.

-- S60 (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks ... you can probably see a consistent pattern here by now.
Cons: None of the SPA S60 seem to have the "Touring" suspension ... and it seems like it would be the stiffest car.

If anyone has any experience driving any of these cars or can share some thoughts, I will be extremely grateful! Thanks!
P.S: I didn't know the correct sub-forum to post this to, so let me know if this thread has to be moved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone! I've started thinking about a new car, definitely Volvo, but not sure which Volvo exactly should I go for.

The primary criteria is a comfortable ride, because I'm mainly driving in a small city with bad pavement and potholes. However when going on the highway, I still prefer to stay on the road, rather than wrapping a tree, when taking a turn at 40-60mph.
Second criteria is power, I'm definitely not a spirited driver, but I like to know I can push the pedal and fly away (well, fly away in the Volvo definition of speed) from drivers around me that don't seem to pay attention to the road.
I'm in a Eastern European country and I've decided to buy a barely damaged vehicle from Copart (or similar auctions) that costs next to nothing to properly restore. With all those saved money, I'm perfectly fine with repairing the car with money from my pocket when the time comes.

Currently driving an 2008 S40 2.4, so interior space and comfort aren't really the strong points of this car, but anything starting with an S60L is enough for me.

-- S90 (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks. It's supposedly the softest ride considering it's class?
Cons: The 200inch (5 meters) of car length may be a little too much for a small city.

-- V60CC (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks. Increased ground clearance and cargo space is awesome. I have no idea if the increase ground clearance results in "better cushioning" all those damaged roads... and I can't test it because we don't have any V60CC in the entire country.
Cons: Not any I'm aware of.

-- S60L (P3)
Pros: Cheapest. Still looks great. Most parts available as it's an older car. The Inscription version (S60L) supposedly has a softer suspension compared to the regular S60 ... though again I can't test this exact model anywhere nearby
Cons: Probably worse safety than SPA. I'll have to really pray every night that nobody damages my rear doors (which are longer than on the regular S60), otherwise I'm screwed.

-- S60 (SPA)
Pros: I adore how this car looks ... you can probably see a consistent pattern here by now.
Cons: None of the SPA S60 seem to have the "Touring" suspension ... and it seems like it would be the stiffest car.

If anyone has any experience driving any of these cars or can share some thoughts, I will be extremely grateful! Thanks!
P.S: I didn't know the correct sub-forum to post this to, so let me know if this thread has to be moved.
My experience as a Volvo owner (past and present) and dealer (USA).. I suggest the V6CC (SPA). I think the ride is an excellent mix between the xc60 (SPA) and the s60 (SPA). Having said that, I really enjoyed my S90 (2018 SPA T5 AWD Momentum). Soft ride? Sure, but large like you said. The older generation S60 and S60L feel nearly identical from the drivers seat...the only suspension changes with the old model happened with the R-Design (stiffer). I think the V60CC strikes a balance, keeping the ride enjoyable on poor city roads and being nimble enough to push through turns (and past other drivers). Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My experience as a Volvo owner (past and present) and dealer (USA).. I suggest the V6CC (SPA). I think the ride is an excellent mix between the xc60 (SPA) and the s60 (SPA). Having said that, I really enjoyed my S90 (2018 SPA T5 AWD Momentum). Soft ride? Sure, but large like you said. The older generation S60 and S60L feel nearly identical from the drivers seat...the only suspension changes with the old model happened with the R-Design (stiffer). I think the V60CC strikes a balance, keeping the ride enjoyable on poor city roads and being nimble enough to push through turns (and past other drivers). Hope this is helpful.
Your input is extremely helpful, thank you! Since you have such an extensive experience, can you please tell if there's a big difference in ride comfort between a P3 S60 (not r-design) vs an SPA S60 (not r-design)? We don't have new S60s here either, so I'm trying to "imagine" the difference based on the P3 S60 Premier I drove.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your input is extremely helpful, thank you! Since you have such an extensive experience, can you please tell if there's a big difference in ride comfort between a P3 S60 (not r-design) vs an SPA S60 (not r-design)? We don't have new S60s here either, so I'm trying to "imagine" the difference based on the P3 S60 Premier I drove.

I had a T5 P3 and have a SPA S60 now as my daily driver (2020 xc60 as well). The SPA provides a much more enjoyable drive, less weight in the steering wheel (although adjustable via new "drive modes"), more nimble, tighter. I have no fear of less than perfect roads even with the 19" wheels. - The SPA car is longer than the premier, wider, lower, body roll is right on par. If the SPA S60 in within the budget, its 10 times the car the old body styles are and improvements go far beyond the suspension. No love lost for the prior gen. but....the new ones are just different animals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a T5 P3 and have a SPA S60 now as my daily driver (2020 xc60 as well). The SPA provides a much more enjoyable drive, less weight in the steering wheel (although adjustable via new "drive modes"), more nimble, tighter. I have no fear of less than perfect roads even with the 19" wheels. - The SPA car is longer than the premier, wider, lower, body roll is right on par. If the SPA S60 in within the budget, its 10 times the car the old body styles are and improvements go far beyond the suspension. No love lost for the prior gen. but....the new ones are just different animals.
Thanks again for the information! Really really helpful! SPA S60 is back in top 3 now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts