SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stage 2+ tune from Rica Engineering and there are a few car software options I never ask my Volvo dealer to install such as turning on the automatic window opening option with the ignition key, or turning off DRLs, now that I've installed Halo LEDs.

I never fully understood if there is a difference between software updates from Volvo, power tuning software like Rica tune, and optional turning on/off of individual options, which I'm not even sure if it related to the software tune or not...

I also don't know if I can just reload my Rica tune if the Volvo service accidentally "de-tune" with a software update. And if the added software tweaks like auto window opening would be kept or not when uploading the tune. Or if it simply modify selected elements.

All in all, this is very confusing to me. It'd be great if anyone has some answers that could shed some light on software tune versus Volvo optional features on/off . . . and what options do we have at our disposal to manage these.

Perhaps George @ Viva who sold me the tune knows the answer and can chirp in here. . .

·
Registered
915 Posts
Often wondered the same question. Thanks for asking this TG!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Good look TG. IIRC all the tunes advise to "update all your software" prior to flashing. perhaps there is a correlation. I can say that i took mine to Volvo and updated all SW plus had the DRL's disabled a few weeks prior to installing my Tune. Post tune the DRL's are still disabled so obviously that side of things there was no overwrite nor would i expect there to be for that type of SW. As for the reverse side - possible the dealer could overwrite the tune. but obviously you will realize it the second you drop the hammer post dealer visit. it would be simple enough to just reload the tune.
i plan on having the windows option SW loaded up next time i visit the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts