SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, winter is comming and I thought I would share some ideas for some stuff to check on for the upcomong months.
1 mec. Some good ideas would be to check coolent and see how much use you have left (you can get a tester at most part stores to check it) it's real simmple to do check and figure ratios. Second look to rotate tires along with checking or changing the oil before it gets too cold. Also have your battery tested to see how much life it has left, allong with checking grounds.

2. paint, it might be a good idea to get your baby's paint one good last coat of love before the winter. Idealy claybar, seal, wax then glaze to fully protect the paint. If you have any detailing questions just ask thats been my hobby for a long time and Ive owned black cars before so Ive learned some ways to help with swirl marks. Thankfully I have a Ice white one now:thumbup:

well hope this wasint a boter or a waste of time, if anyone else has any ideas please post

·
Registered
8,609 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
and summer tires are still on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
im gonna try and keep my summers on untill the first good snow storm. ive been wanting to do a shoot of my car in some snow with the rotiforms on for a while now. then ill buy some snow tires and raise the front a little for this winter. thats about all the winter prep i do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you know what, I live in GA too, but there's no real Volvo experience without the cold and snow ;) like back in Sweden etc. now having a Volvo, I miss all that even more.
checking coolant and washer fluid etc is always a good idea, even down here. it never gets in the negatives (in F) but plenty below freezing, especially early mornings.
Lucky to not have to deal with road salt, though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just getting our first blast of winter here in Wisconsin. After work temp was 15F and my low tire pressure warning came on. Tires look OK. I have to add some air.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm going to find out how good the Goodyear Eagle Sports are in the snow. Driving from PA to Toronto tomorrow for our son's wedding on Saturday.

I hear there's a little snow in Buffalo. Think I'll throw a shovel in the back seat! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts