SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 C30 R-design flame orange. Its an Auto but that is how I wanted this one as the R is a manual so I"m good. I did have one question if anyone can help chime in on this when she is cold she always stumbles on the start but will fire up the 2nd time without issue and run fine. Any thoughts? I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the gasket as it had a cut in it, but it was already clean enough to eat off of. Also cleaned the MAF without much success. Checked all the vac lines everything looks good. Any thoughts?

Already has the following done to FMIC, aluminum skid plate, bilstein coilovers, Ceika Big brake kit with 2 piece rotors (dare say it rivals the R's brembo's), elevate turbo intake pipe, elevate air intake, Mountune intake plenum, adj rear toe's and caster arms.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
The car is stumbling because of the tune. It has a K16 turbo on it!
Contact Shark, they have perfected the K16 tune for the Auto C30 and you will be sitting safely at 24psi all day.

Here is the previous owner's build thread: http://www.c30crew.com/forum/showthread.php?1624-adkmooserider

Ironically enough, we were JUST talking about who must have bought it. Please join C30Crew so that we can continue loving the car :)

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
So this showed up in my driveway

Don't you just hate it when nice little things like that follow you home looking for love.

Nice looking car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
2011 C30 R-design flame orange. Its an Auto but that is how I wanted this one as the R is a manual so I"m good. I did have one question if anyone can help chime in on this when she is cold she always stumbles on the start but will fire up the 2nd time without issue and run fine. Any thoughts? I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the gasket as it had a cut in it, but it was already clean enough to eat off of. Also cleaned the MAF without much success. Checked all the vac lines everything looks good. Any thoughts?

Already has the following done to FMIC, aluminum skid plate, bilstein coilovers, Ceika Big brake kit with 2 piece rotors (dare say it rivals the R's brembo's), elevate turbo intake pipe, elevate air intake, Mountune intake plenum, adj rear toe's and caster arms.

Enjoy the car.email me with q's [email protected].

The car will likely need new front strut mounts and bearings. I was actually going to pull the coilovers completely . The brakes may need a rebuild. The car has an external oil cooler. It needs 7.5 quarts of synthetic. You are running without a rear sandbar or front strut brace. The car is an redesign model. The car needs an updated tyranny cooler to run the abuse of the k16. The exhaust needs to be replaced. Your running a base model T5 exhaust. I would get rid of the elevate tcv and return to a stock one and then get a tune from shark. The car has one last oil change for free from volvo left. You already have a forge cbc. You already have an anembo engineering torque mount. Your throttle body is a brand new70mm large bore body. The k16 is like 5-8000k miles old.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Enjoy the car.email me with q's [email protected].

The car will likely need new front strut mounts and bearings. I was actually going to pull the coilovers completely . The brakes may need a rebuild. The car has an external oil cooler. It needs 7.5 quarts of synthetic. You are running without a rear sandbar or front strut brace. The car is an redesign model. The car needs an updated tyranny cooler to run the abuse of the k16. The exhaust needs to be replaced. Your running a base model T5 exhaust. I would get rid of the elevate tcv and return to a stock one and then get a tune from shark. The car has one last oil change for free from volvo left. You already have a forge cbc. You already have an anembo engineering torque mount. Your throttle body is a brand new70mm large bore body. The k16 is like 5-8000k miles old.
^^What he said. You should know that adkmooserider did not cut any corners and took very good care of this car before he decided to trade it in. I'll vouch for him any day of the week. The exhaust doesn't NEED to be replaced, but I'm willing to bet that the clamp above the RASB location needs to be tightened a tad. You SHOULD replace it because the tiny tips look ridiculous compared to the KPAX exhaust that used to be on there.

It also has ENEM cams if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a feeling it had more work done to it then I thought. Yeah the brakes were toast pretty metal to metal. They have already been redone all corners. Ok so the mount explains the vibration feel helps to know no new mounts needed lol. Thanks for the input happy to see the ex-owner is here ill hit you up later with some questions. For now it threw a P0133 code front 02 sigh, otherwise car is fun ro druve and gives me a chance to get my R back on track again.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I had a feeling it had more work done to it then I thought. Yeah the brakes were toast pretty metal to metal. They have already been redone all corners. Ok so the mount explains the vibration feel helps to know no new mounts needed lol. Thanks for the input happy to see the ex-owner is here ill hit you up later with some questions. For now it threw a P0133 code front 02 sigh, otherwise car is fun ro druve and gives me a chance to get my R back on track again.
Be sure to book time off in April for C30s Conquer the Dragon, it'll be the highlight of your year.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice car, glad an enthusiast got it. K16 equipped and those brakes...very nice.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love so much over kill on brakes for a small car but knowing I can stop on a dime works for me lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts