SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I must apologize first I know this have been posted many times before but I was just LAZY to search.

Ok anyway. There is no way when the switch is on the O position to have the lights not come of and just have the parking lights on??

I dont like driving with my lights on all the time and waste their life since I drive mostly during the day. Dont want to disable the DRLs too. If I always switch the switch to parking lights only I tend to forget to turn it off when i shut off the car.

I guess tome it makes more sence to O=city lights second = whatever parking lights and then lights on on the 3rd turn.

Is there a way to have the parking lights turn off when you turn the car maybe? Or can a way be made??

Again sorry guys!!!!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Either get drl shut off from the dealer or purchase a dice unit and DIY

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Either get drl shut off from the dealer or purchase a dice unit and DIY

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
Can you elaborate a bit more on this DICE unit.

Isnt that just for the radios?

Oh also if I disable them from the dealer that means I will not have driving lights at night so that wont work :(

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Even with the Volvo tool you will still require the SW download for the low beam application. Go to the dealer and have them install light application two, SW number is posted on here a number of times and is likely stickied.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even with the Volvo tool you will still require the SW download for the low beam application. Go to the dealer and have them install light application two, SW number is posted on here a number of times and is likely stickied.
Ok I am really confused. If I have them download the low beam application what will that do?

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
It disables drls

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can you elaborate a bit more on this DICE unit.

Isnt that just for the radios?

Oh also if I disable them from the dealer that means I will not have driving lights at night so that wont work :(
Ok I could be wrong but I believe if you disable drls you still have driving lights at night, it just gives you the option to turn them off in the 0 position

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I too could not stand having my lights on all the time - so one day shortly after I had the car and it was in the shop for some sun roof warranty work I asked them to hook me up on the lights too.

I can turn off "all" my lights in the "O" from here I can "Flash to Pass" - turn it up one notch and I have my DTR lights and parking lights front/rear (Plus Fogs if I want) - turn it all the way to the top and my Low Beams and DTR lights are on - I can lock on the High Beams here and the fogs of course.

Now it was free for me because the dealership was already in there and I knew the Service Manager - but I hear some dealerships will charge if this is the only service you are requesting. So you may want to wait until you need to have some other work done and ask for the favor.

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
W
Now it was free for me because the dealership was already in there and I knew the Service Manager - but I hear some dealerships will charge if this is the only service you are requesting. So you may want to wait until you need to have some other work done and ask for the favor.
Which awesome dealership would this be in central NC?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok but if the lights are on the middle position wouldnt I have to turn them off again if i turn the car off?

I guess what I want is to have my parking lights on all the time but them turning off when i turn off the car and have the on/off type of deal for the low beams

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
W

Which awesome dealership would this be in central NC?
Volvo of the Triad in Winston Salem - Definitely not Crown in GBO...

I went looking over at Crown when I was shopping for a used S60 and all they had was some beat to shat cars that were way over priced.
Volvo of the Triad has a lot of service and sales awards and I have always had good to excellent service experiences - even out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ok but if the lights are on the middle position wouldnt I have to turn them off again if i turn the car off?

I guess what I want is to have my parking lights on all the time but then turning off when i turn off the car and have the on/off type of deal for the low beams
YES you would have to manually turn them off from the middle position - If you forget; hopefully you have a nice neighbor like I do who will call you on the phone and let you know. I did this a bunch of times shortly after I had it changed -

Now if you have all your lights on (high beams) in the upper most position and you turn off the ignition the lights go out...

I personally want the ability to have all my lights off - have my DLR, parking and fogs on, or all of my lights.
And that is what I have - I may be mistaken as to "if they can program it to do other functions" I am unaware of them; but again I got what I asked for.
Call your dealer and ask them if no one else can give you better info on here.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'm be interested to know what can be done to turn off lights automatically when in the middle position and when the car is off.
I'm not sure what is the purpose of keeping them on when no one is around!!!
I wander is there is somekind of fuse bipass or relay switch option possible . . .

Since I'v done my Led halo upgrade I forgot to switch off the midle buton 3 times allread.y. It's hard to break old habits or create a new. Thankfully I was not far or found out shortly after

·
Registered
20 Posts
i love volvo of the triad! i worked there for a year or so and i know the service manager joe lol i live in winston salem. where city do you live in?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i love volvo of the triad! i worked there for a year or so and i know the service manager joe lol i live in winston salem. where city do you live in?
I live in Clemmons

Picture of my Ride.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So if you open the car door with the parking lights on, doesn't the car "ding" at you (same idea if you leave the keys in)? Then just hit the switch. Done.

And I didn't realize I could run just fogs with the parking lights, awesome! :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
Yup you can, I do it all the time. No dinging sounds to remind you to shut the lights off. I made it a habit to look back at the car to confirm I've turned off the CDLs everytime I set the alarm.

Another thing I can do, which none of you may, is energize all 3 sets of lights at the same time; low beam, high beam and fogs.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
So if you open the car door with the parking lights on, doesn't the car "ding" at you (same idea if you leave the keys in)? Then just hit the switch. Done.

And I didn't realize I could run just fogs with the parking lights, awesome! :thumbup:

NO Ding, no audible sound for leaving lights on... crazy.
No sound, chirp when you lock the car either... I hate that! But I will get over it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts