SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my front lip in the mail from forum member DesertFox a week or so ago. Painted it, and installed it with a friend. We both thought it was on solid.... Well, it wasn't. It got ripped off by the wind doing close to 70 on the highway and went right under my new blizzaks. But, it survived in one piece and is completely fixable, so I can't really complain. Lesson learned. You can't install everything with just a couple zipties. It'll be back on soon enough. Now if only replacing my subframe was so simple...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
mine split along the bottom and then about 3 inches across the edge on the bottom when a dumb tow truck driver tried to get the boom under the front end. It snapped the 2 brackets in the front. I fixed it by reinforcing it with a piece of aluminium and rivets with a drift stitch (under the lip so you can't see it) and some strong glue. As of right now its held on with no double sided tape. I drilled 3 small holes the across bottom center area of the lip and drilled matching holes into the original black trim and used nice long zip ties pulled nice and tight to leave no gaps.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wish I could say the same about mine. haha mine cracked in 3 spots and the pieces were unattainable =( Still have it with the impression I can come up with an idea to restore it lmao

1 - 5 of 5 Posts