1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pulling into Topeka Kansas......thunk thunk thunk thunk

Awww son of a bitch what is that?

Ththththththt okay it's speed related

*coasting* wrrrrrrr okay it's not on decel, only on acceleration.

You know what? I know what it is, but I just did that 4-5 years ago those shouldn't be bad by now....

*finds hotel for the night* *finds import auto shop that opens at 5:30am*

yep....F*#@ing propshaft.

They dropped it for me, I tossed it in the car, problem solved. Only charged me half hour labor ($42). Westside Imports Automotive in Topeka, Ks. Good guys there if you're ever driving through and in need.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmm,
Recap:
-Made it 1,300 miles (of the trip),
-problem waited until you pulled off the highway,
-problem was "find-able",
-found a helpful shop,
-no compound damage.

Set back could have been worse.
Glad you and car are okay.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Set back could have been worse.
Glad you and car are okay.
Indeed, you are one with brick.

I'm getting there with my car, too. It usually manages to break on me pretty close to home. Thanks, car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Indeed, you are one with brick.

I'm getting there with my car, too. It usually manages to break on me pretty close to home. Thanks, car.
Five years of driving Volvos, only one tow was required, when the R blew an oil cooler line two miles from home.

Though the XC failed to crank last night, starter motor quit-conveniently in my nice warm garage where I had a spare waiting.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah gotta say i'm fortunate it was something i 1: knew exactly what it was and 2: was easily and quickly "fixable"

Kinda enjoying the car in FWD right now, tiny bit peppier, though the torque steer is annoying and the tires squeal way too easily if i get on it in a tight turn :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts