SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Re: So my Dynaudio upgrade doesn't include a sub? (GaryJ)

I have the Premium Sound in my '05 V50 without the sub. I don't think that it is by Dynaudio as I believe that it came along in 2008. The older system has less power and I believe the speakers are by Harman International Industries (maker of Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, etc). Even without the sub, it is very impressive once you get the equalizers set properly and produces really good bass, especially for 6.5" drivers. I have not heard the OEM sub however, I have heard others rave about it.

They Dynaudio system should really rock with or without the sub.
Stan

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Re: So my Dynaudio upgrade doesn't include a sub? (frontwheeldriven)

Quote, originally posted by frontwheeldriven »

Just curious... how long did you spend setting the EQ up? I spent half an hour doing so when I got the car. People thought I was crazy.

Months and months.....

I got it dialed in pretty close then would tweak it every now and then with different CDs playing until I found good settings.

The Performance Sound System is a capable system. I had one in a loader that I was able to get singing pretty well.

If you search the forum, there are some suggested settings for the Prem sound sys. They will be different based on S40 or V50, car options, and personal likes.
Stan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.