SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in the car, and it started to move my seat, as if it recognized my key.

Except it didn't move it to my position.

I pressed 1 and it was completely the wrong spot. Had a terrible time finding my comfort position this morning.

There is the potential that my wife accidentally overwrote mine, but I have also noticed some other electrical gremlins and wanted to see if this is a potential issue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't get my passenger mirror to set. Everytime I unlock the car it angles up to the point where it reaches the limit but the motor is still trying to angle it further.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't shrinkage?

How old's the battery?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
1st World Problems.

I would try unpluging the battery to reset all these systems and see if the problem continues. I went to a car wash where a 5'3' .....(Porter) moved my seat all the way front because he could not reach the pedals. I was truly pissed to ride with my chin between my knees because my seat would not move. Reseting the system solved the problem for now.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Memory position stored with remote is not an obvious thing. It requires you unlock a locked car and then at the end of that key cycle any positions are stored as part of the network going down ("to sleep") after being locked. The locking on exit is not required to store your positions but it is required if the other driver using their remote is to get their memory positions adjusted when they enter the car.
They could have chosen another process but they didn't.
The deal killer that trips up most people is to park in garage and close garage door and not lock the car. I would think most people don't lock their car in their garage since they electrically lower the garage door.
The memory function is of no use to me because I rarely lock my car. At home or at work it is not locked. I'm behind electric gates at both places. Going out to lunch or dining out on weekends are when it has the chance to update and then if someone else drives to restaurant using my remote then it sets to their position and a few days later I'll go to lunch and moves to their position...........

You're seat should not have been immobile from the car wash.

The mirror misbehavior is a bad position sensor in mirror, another matter.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car was outside and locked. But I think my wife may have just accidentally memorized her seat as 1. She's used to it in her car.

She drove my car briefly on Wednesday, I had her car since I took my 11 month old's car seat out of my car to leatherique the interior last weekend (never got around to it though).

I saved my posish as 1 and 3, just in case.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, that's a really dumb way to store the seat memory.

My M3 had a really nice feature I wish the Volvos had. One touch of the button when the door is open will put the seat to that position. So you don't have to bend over and hold the button until it's in a place where you can get your feet in. I imagine shorter people who sit closer don't have this issue because they sit in the seat and move it from there, but if you are taller and have to move the seat back, then you've no doubt experienced this very particular back pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts