·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is it for something else?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I think so, it's in the correct place for it.
Count the pins, the sub uses a 12 pin harness

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I count 13 pin locations with wires in 11 of them. There is a pretty heavy gauge red wire and a pretty heavy gauge black wire in the connector. I don't have the subwoofer kit any more (hope it's still working well for you Jim), but looking at the pics I have from when I sold it, this looks like the correct connector.

However if it is the subwoofer harness, this would be just another oddity I've found when it comes to Volvos. This car has the cheapest radio they offered (cassette, no CD) and a pretty basic speaker system. Plus, it has a 3rd row seat. Not the kind of car you'd think would get a subwoofer added to the mix. On the other hand, my old '01 2.4 had a better radio and no 3rd row, but no subwoofer harness. Maybe it's something to do with build date...

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have one as well. I thought it was for hooking up a trailer. Doh.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is for trailer lights. At the very least, that looks like what I plugged the lighting harness into when I put a hitch on my '03.

Drove the Rover in today so I can't run outside and check that easily.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure that is for trailer lights. At the very least, that looks like what I plugged the lighting harness into when I put a hitch on my '03.

Drove the Rover in today so I can't run outside and check that easily.
That would seem to make sense, given JRL's description of the correct connector for the subwoofer. Some day, when I have nothing better to do, I'll get out there with my multimeter and verify.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
and in the midle of the second shot is that elusive 12 pin plug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts