SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were supposed to make a grayscale image about something we're interested in. Guess what I chose... This is the first time i've done anything with photoshop outside of resizing an image or something very entry level.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
God no! Blending Options begone!

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
What's a blending option lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
lol wut? Don't tell me you're not even checking where those FX options pop up now do you?

Anyway, here's a tip. Turn down those soften radius, and depths, don't use Bevel & Emboss(looks like ass) If you do need Bevel & Emboss, at least turn on Contour and tweak it a bit.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Take the car off the track and cut off the "Volvo R" part and I think it would look a lot better. The copy/paste of the car itself on the track is a bit cheap looking and I'm not a fan of the blending options on the text lol

But the B&W pics on the bottom and the pic of the track are really gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Take the car off the track and cut off the "Volvo R" part and I think it would look a lot better. The copy/paste of the car itself on the track is a bit cheap looking and I'm not a fan of the blending options on the text lol

But the B&W pics on the bottom and the pic of the track are really gorgeous.
Lol we had to do that. Put an image onto another image. I know jack about Photoshop. Not sure how much more we'll be doing. The bottom pics are ones taken by me of my car! Not to mention I used a touchpad on my laptop which was a royal pain. I will get a chance to revise it once it gets graded and I'll take you up on your suggestions!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
6,436 Posts
We were supposed to make a grayscale image about something we're interested in. Guess what I chose... This is the first time i've done anything with photoshop outside of resizing an image or something very entry level.

Sorry man - I'm not trying to be mean but this looks horrible
The car does not look natural
The two bottom photos don't tell the story. And if you were to put speedo shots in there, why not take a shot at 75MPH or something??

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Here is a 5min job I did in class. I just used blur tools, added a shadow under the car. And just did minor tweaks.
EDIT: Just realized I also blured the other images :p Whoops. I was only concentrating on the middle one haha. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry man - I'm not trying to be mean but this looks horrible
The car does not look natural
The two bottom photos don't tell the story. And if you were to put speedo shots in there, why not take a shot at 75MPH or something??
lol, i suppose you missed where i said i know jack crap about Photoshop lol. Story? I know the car looks way out of place, it was required that we do something like that, put an image on top of another image. I just threw some pics of the R and stuff i found on the web together. Calm down Picasso.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
lol, i suppose you missed where i said i know jack crap about Photoshop lol. Story? I know the car looks way out of place, it was required that we do something like that, put an image on top of another image. I just threw some pics of the R and stuff i found on the web together. Calm down Picasso.
If you need pointers, I use photoshop every day. Let me know if you need assistance.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Brandon,

What are you hoping to learn from the course, photography or graphic design? Although the two are often intermixed, I view them as different: photography is capturing the image as you envision, whereas graphic design is creating the image you envision, while sometimes incorporating photography.

I suppose at this point, you are learning what various tools are available in the PhotoShop toolbox. All too common a mistake for beginners is to apply tools/filters/effects for the sake of applying them, rather than artistically having the vision and realizing it with the abundance of available tools.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brandon,

What are you hoping to learn from the course, photography or graphic design? Although the two are often intermixed, I view them as different: photography is capturing the image as you envision, whereas graphic design is creating the image you envision, while sometimes incorporating photography.

I suppose at this point, you are learning what various tools are available in the PhotoShop toolbox. All too common a mistake for beginners is to apply tools/filters/effects for the sake of applying them, rather than artistically having the vision and realizing it with the abundance of available tools.
It's part of the degree, we work with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and some other applications. The first assignment is Photoshop. I am not in a graphic design program or anything.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Love the Turbobricks nice work!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
It's part of the degree, we work with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and some other applications. The first assignment is Photoshop. I am not in a graphic design program or anything.
Interesting. What degree?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts