SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

So I was bored today so I did this! (LED Swap) CHECK IT OUT

11K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  giligang 
#1 ·
MY04 Complete Instrument Cluster LED Swap CHECK IT OUT

I really wanted the R instrument cluster because I loved the blue gauges and the blue LEDs but trying to find and buy one was way to expensive and I couldn't see wasting that much money when my instrument cluster was perfectly fine. So I searched the forum and found that you can switch the bulbs in the back of the instrument cluster for LEDs.
HOWEVER on MY04 they changed the instrument cluster and this is no longer possible. Disappointed I decided I would unsolder the OEM LEDs and replace them with blue ones. After much searching I found a place that sells LEDs specifically PLCC2 LEDs for .50 cents a piece. I ordered them Tuesday and received them today. Excited I installed them and this is the result. I absolutely love it and it only cost me 25 dollars.

(These pictures are with the needles not installed that is why the center looks so bright, I will take more when I configure the gauge needles)
Here is the result, took a long time but I knew what I was doing have done many of things like this before. Tell me what you guys think!!!

P.S. If any swedespeed members with MY04+ gauges want this done PM me and we'll talk.

Modified by assa55in at 1:04 AM 6-13-2009

See less See more
#27 ·
Very nice. A+ work.

Did you (or are you going to) do the steering wheel buttons and the window buttons and the moon-roof (if you've got one) and the overhead light buttons?

#28 ·
Re: (StarmanDXE)

Look at the previous page the steering wheel controls are done. Need to order more LEDs to do windows panel and gear selector.

#30 ·
Re: (StarmanDXE)

Here is a smaller pic

#34 ·
Re: (MacedonianVlad)

hahah if you pay for the airfare

#36 ·
Yeah, how did you change the headlight switch LEDs and the window control LEDs?....... Does anyone know if you can use an instrument cluster from a 2000- 2003 S60 in a 2007 S60. I have a 2007 and I want to change the cluster's lights but I don't want to go through the process of changing out the LEDs. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.