SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Re: (Rezin S60T5)

Thats the next thing I have to do. Pretty standard pop off the airbag and disconnect the controls. The radio buttons have 4 LEDs (1206) and the cruise controls have 6 (1206) LEDs. Will post pictures when the LEDs arrive should come Saturday or Monday will have completed pictures then.

So, are those LEDs surface mount? Or do they solder in from the back or something? I really hate soldering on any sort of PCB...

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Re: (StarmanDXE)

Yes, everything after 04 are surface mount LEDs not serviceable bulbs. Not a huge deal to solder PCB just need a little skill and a steady hand. PCB can take a lot of abuse from heat and still work fine so there really isn't much to worry about.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Re: (03silvers60)

Here is the final product. Changed Instrument Cluster, HU, Steering Wheel Controls, Headlight Controls, and Environment Panel. Ran out of LEDs so I could not do the window controls but I did everything else.

Tell me what you guys think http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

To see the rest of the pictures and how I did some of the swap go here.

http://ximages.net/main/ag.php?fid=1052&mid=1644

Very nice. A+ work.

Did you (or are you going to) do the steering wheel buttons and the window buttons and the moon-roof (if you've got one) and the overhead light buttons?

Discussion starter · #28 ·

Look at the previous page the steering wheel controls are done. Need to order more LEDs to do windows panel and gear selector.

Discussion starter · #30 ·

Here is a smaller pic

Oh man, even better than before. That really looks good, I'd like to have that done but am kinda sketchy about pulling about the dash. What kind of LEDs do I need for an '02 gauge cluster?

Keep up the good work.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Re: (MacedonianVlad)

hahah if you pay for the airfare

Yeah, how did you change the headlight switch LEDs and the window control LEDs?....... Does anyone know if you can use an instrument cluster from a 2000- 2003 S60 in a 2007 S60. I have a 2007 and I want to change the cluster's lights but I don't want to go through the process of changing out the LEDs. Any suggestions?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.