SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But DAMN what a F%*KEN headache! The passenger rear strut cable harness is clipped right above the subframe near the center of the car by the exhaust heat shields... which I can reach with the tip of my fingers (and I dont' have huge hands) but can't unclip since you technically need two hands to do that and being actually able to see it. The driver side was nowhere as difficult as the harness was perched right on the subframe near the rear strut mount.

Anyway, not being able to disconnect the 4C harness, I had to basically disassemble the strut in the most awkward position underneath the car with the wire connected, and have the eibachs slipped in and reinstalled... talk about :eek: :mad: ...

anyway, I'm going to the Ilderton Volvo meet tomorrow and I'll take some pics on the new stance. Surprising with the stock fronts, the stance is pretty level and the wheel gap is about the same on both the front and rears...

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I noticed, didn't take days to settle apparently since I had a 200 mile drive to the Canadian Volvo Club annual meet today...

lol looks like I need to do the fronts now.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
honestly? I don't like scraping the lip... or I'm just chicken.
You ride looks clean

As for scraping, yeah you're chicken alright :p Its only plastic and it can be repainted, plus with a little careful driving technique you can keep it pretty clean.

I say drop the front ASAP.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You ride looks clean

As for scraping, yeah you're chicken alright :p Its only plastic and it can be repainted, plus with a little careful driving technique you can keep it pretty clean.

I say drop the front ASAP.
It's not plastic, it's real CF. But yeah, driving technique is fine and I'm willing to adapt. I guess we all need to take sacrifices for the ride to look good :D

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
It's not plastic, it's real CF. But yeah, driving technique is fine and I'm willing to adapt. I guess we all need to take sacrifices for the ride to look good :D
Oops sorry, in the pic it looks like its painted and not CF.

Not only the looks, but the handling is way better too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
honestly? I don't like scraping the lip... or I'm just chicken.
And you have to drive on the streets around the GTA! That's a good reason right there to leave the front the way it is. :rolleyes: :D

Looks good the way it is -- that's how I want my VR to look.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
And you have to drive on the streets around the GTA! That's a good reason right there to leave the front the way it is. :rolleyes: :D
No it's not.

Women don't wear high heels because they're easy to walk on. It's tough.
In the same manner if you want a hot looking car you gotta be willing to sacrifice a little. Work it.
Lowaar. :)

p.s.: My name is Pascal and I have splitter envy.

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well, I survived my first trip (after lowering the rear) Downtown visiting the Naughty Tour today. Car got some looks obviously, but I think I'll need to put he other half of the springs in. The eibachs are really settling in now and it's starting to tuck in the rear tires a little. Starting to notice a slight dip the other way now... So lowaar here I come...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
looks good. now drop the front, be careful and your not as low as if you still had winglets...........:D

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Looks like I need a rear camber kit as well...
Nah, it looks fine to me. What's the camber at now?? I wouldn't put them in unless you are over -2, which I don't think you are.

·
Registered
785 Posts
No it's not.

Women don't wear high heels because they're easy to walk on. It's tough.
In the same manner if you want a hot looking car you gotta be willing to sacrifice a little. Work it.
Lowaar. :)

p.s.: My name is Pascal and I have splitter envy.
LOL I like that annalagy.

Question: Does anyone have a trick for removing the 4c clip in the rear, cause I had the same problem as DevolvR...I was swearing soo much lol

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL I like that annalagy.

Question: Does anyone have a trick for removing the 4c clip in the rear, cause I had the same problem as DevolvR...I was swearing soo much lol
I can't see an easy solution, to replace the strut ie for example if the strut dies, or wires ripped , leaking etc.

VADIS is extremely vague, and I couldn't pull it to the side because of some clip holding the harness down to the sub-frame.

·
6,444 Posts
I cut my rear cable after wigggling it for almost an hour and not beign able to get it off....

ironically, after I cut it, the connectors have magically separated.So I ended up soldering the wire back together.....ugh...

Also, do the fronts

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.