SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Jeff, I picked up the '98 v70r Saff that was for sale in Milford, CT. I live in Southeastern CT. My wife and I are going to tackle what appears to be a car that a number of people have passed over on the other forums, but i like challenges.

What i've found:

p0172 code for the vacuum elbow issue
Driver's lower control Arm (ball joint issue)
Heater Core
Needs tires.
rear license plate bulb
Passenger Front Door lock
Driver's rear door lock
Stereo is shot (might be the speakers.. no biggie)
E-brake needs adjusting

I've already ordered a new control arm from FCPgroton and will tackle this first.. then after that and tires, i'm going to do the heater core and then a full service tune-up when i attack the p0172.

Anyways, if there's any doubt to the challenges i enjoy.. A long time ago, i did this: http://jalopnik.com/5067674/man-restores-griff-tannens-hover-bmw-from-back-to-the-future-2

Look forward to a long relationship with a great car!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
congrats! I love my 98R...always kinda wished i had a saffron though.

oh yeah, if you drive on gravel roads regularly just strip out the whole ebrake system, it catches rocks like none other.

Once you get it all sorted out, put on the IPD swaybars, single greatest modification you can do to these cars. Close 2nd is an ARD tune.

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
SaFFron

...and you may need more than an E brake adjustment
With most N/England and north cars, the Ebrake cables are completely rusted out by now and need replacement

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
SaFFron

...and you may need more than an E brake adjustment
With most N/England and north cars, the Ebrake cables are completely rusted out by now and need replacement
That, or the brake shoes have separated completely.

Sleeping Martyr, is the parking brake holding at all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts