SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a wrap on my Mercedes myself, I have managed to figure out that the Volvo will be enormously easier. My front bumper is unpainted right now, and my rear bumper is hashed. I'm considering doing a wrap on the car to protect the paint for the future and enable me to repair the front and back at a later date.

Question is -what colors?

Bronze:

Dark Blue:

Gloss Red:

Techno Violet:

Orange:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So like this?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Where are you getting the wrap from?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bronze for sure. I don't think anyone has a similar color on theirs yet

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what company I'll buy the materials from. After learning so much on my G wagen I'll be doing it myself actually. It will either be Oracal 970 or 3m 1080. Tempted to do a passion red analogue, as I love that color.

I like the 993 orange too. Imagine that on an S60R. Heck, if anyone has mad skills recoloring something in pshop it would be a thought.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok - the orange looked bad...

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I vote against the gloss red because it will just look like a stock color (passion red). If you are going to do it, may as well be unique. I vote the dark blue or violet.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Dark Blue

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The dark blue, although gorgeous is becoming so common that it's not really all that special any more. It may be less common in Denver but Toronto's car culture is quiet massive and we've got a number of great wraps shops here so that might have something to do with me perceiving it as "common"

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So....violet and gold wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I don't know what company I'll buy the materials from. After learning so much on my G wagen I'll be doing it myself actually. It will either be Oracal 970 or 3m 1080. Tempted to do a passion red analogue, as I love that color.

I like the 993 orange too. Imagine that on an S60R. Heck, if anyone has mad skills recoloring something in pshop it would be a thought.
I would suggest checking out Arlon Ultimate vinyls. It's their new line. Night and day from their older stuff. The quality is top notch. It's what I have on my P*. It's a 4mm film vs the 3.2mm that the 3M 1080 is. This makes it a little more difficult to work with, but it lays down much better and provides better protection.

I like the dark Blue up top. I went with Gunpowder Matte Metallic...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Passion red is the best R colour imo, any red really.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I'm down to 3m 1080 Hot Rod Red or Oracal Gloss White. I think the white with a black roof and black racing stripes would ROCK. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Some dude had a matte purple metallic S60R on Instagram a while ago that looked unreal.

My vote is either for purple or bronze. I've always wanted to a matte bronze on mine.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts