SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely will not program. Pressing the 2 outer buttons seems to clear whatever data is stored but when I attempt to program my development gate opener all it does is flash slowly for 20-30 seconds then go dark; no matter what button I choose! Anyone else successful in programming theirs? My model is a 2007 S80. the car doesn't have to be on or running does it? Thanks everyone, Ralph

·
Registered
239 Posts
Absolutely will not program. Pressing the 2 outer buttons seems to clear whatever data is stored but when I attempt to program my development gate opener all it does is flash slowly for 20-30 seconds then go dark; no matter what button I choose! Anyone else successful in programming theirs? My model is a 2007 S80. the car doesn't have to be on or running does it? Thanks everyone, Ralph

No problem following manual instructions to program Home Link for my 2010 S80.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great, just what I didn't want to read. I'm jealous Bob... I'll try some more tomorrow, maybe with the accessory switched on? Ralph...
Good question. Don't remember if the car was running or not... suspect it was. Don't have the manual to hand right now but it did describe some situations that would be more challenging than others. Have you tried this with a regular garage door opener? Might it be that the gate opener does not work quite the same way as a regular garage opener? In my case, it was a garage door openers. Two different locations (house and a condo) and each one worked.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ralph,

I just did mine yesterday (2010 S80 T6)... did you hold your opener remote up to the visor press the button on it and the one you want to program simultaneously? One of mine wouldn't work until I did that step.
Then I pressed the 'learn' button on my opener(s) and set each respective button?

I referred to the manual to so this... sorry to have to post that. Perhaps you just did something out of sequence.

Hope you get it working.

BTW, cool photo...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Doorking is a major manufacturer. On the Lexus forum, people have discussed how the Doorking code is proprietary so doesn't work with Home Link. Others say it is a specific security feature made so it cannot be cloned by Home Link. That might be your only problem. If so, consider the burden of an extra remote control offset by the safety of your gated community.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts