SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't look like tranny fluid to me. It's bleeding!

I had a small spot on my driveway that was this color right after swapping the slave cylinder, but it didn't start leaking until sometime in the last week or so. I'm just guessing it's the angle gear seal.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch man, get that resealed before the gears get damaged. :(
At least it's not hard to get the angle gear off... Takes probably 25 minutes.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uhm, strange. Are you sure it is not related to slave cylinder?
Yes, because.. That's not where the slave is located, and it was just replaced recently.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps... I just recall that when my AG leaked, it had different fluid colour. Kind of like this:

Just again seems coincedental that slave cylinder was replaced recently and now you have this. Just throwing out some ideas here.
Recently as in 10K miles ago, it's definitely not brake fluid lol it's either coming out of the trans, or angle gear. Just don't know which one yet.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kinda what I was thinking... more like trans oil...
Except it's brand new fluid and it went in like engine oil color? I'll feel alot better if it's tranny oil, actually. Volvo fluid from the dealer.

Just curious to why it would ALL OF A SUDDEN leak like a bitch in the past 2 days or so. I've got a small spot in my garage, and on my driveway. It's been at least a couple days... It wasn't leaking 5 days ago for sure.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'll take the angle gear off first thing tomorrow. My best guess is that it's just a seal... I'll inspect the condition of the collar while it's off.

Does anyone know what the height of the tooth is supposed to be on a brand new collar sleeve? Also, how pointy should it be? I know they get ground flat..

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its rust from the coupler splines
Right, but fluid would have had to have leaked out somewhere to carry the rust out with it... Just have to find where. I will also clean, and lube the collar sleeve tomorrow. When I did the slave it seemed to be in pretty good condition.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, the splines look pretty good. But everything is coated in this ****... It's hard to tell if the seal is bad.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks like red clay.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts