SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about the Polestar for some time. I have been thinking about the direction of the brand since their 4 cylinder goal and I feel that that statement was very premature. With the S60 Polestar, they can build on the top shelf vehicles that Volvo does not have in the portfolio. It is odd that they have the vehicles that represent the bits and pieces of something special, but there is no top shelf vehicle that the S60, V40, S80 can derive from. Do you see what I mean? The C class is special because it derives from the CL, the S, the G. These top shelf cars are not popular with sales, but boost the image of the brand and give the measly C class and B class some validity.

The S60 Polestar is the closest top Shelf Volvo we have seen, and Volvo needs to derive their cars from this model.

So about the S60 Polestar being in LA, they are looking to see if there is excitement! This car is ground breaking for Volvo, but will it come in production? Even if they lose some money on this model, I think Volvo should. A price at $70,000 and I think they have a winner.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts