SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an S60 (love it) and need to purchase some snow tires. I want those Sweedish ones (Sorry the name has slipped my mind right now). Does anyone know of a good place to pick them up - besides from the Dealer? I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gislaved Nordfrost are the tires you are referring to. I have had them on all of my Volvos and they are excellent. I would try ebay for a set of used ones. I have a full set of 4 tires from my old S40 that I would like to sell, but they won't help you. (different wheel pattern).

·
Registered
29 Posts
How are the Gislaved Nordfrost tires on dry roads? Are they overwhelmingly loud and noisy?<P>I live in NJ, but am planning to put snow tires on my S60 this year. Because most of our winter days are dry, I'm leaning towards a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M2s or Michelin Arctic Alpin. The Gislaved's are also a possibility.<P>Thanks,<BR>-ema<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mjbr24:<BR><B>Gislaved Nordfrost are the tires you are referring to. I have had them on all of my Volvos and they are excellent. I would try ebay for a set of used ones. I have a full set of 4 tires from my old S40 that I would like to sell, but they won't help you. (different wheel pattern).</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

·
Registered
339 Posts
as i said, i have had them on many 5 of my previous volvos and i found them to be very good. road noise is slightly more noticeable, but the Gislaveds are very soft tires. this allows them to grip better in the snow and ice and actually offers a softer ride than my regular tires. if you put 4 of them on your S60 and drive with common sense, you will be unstoppable in the snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts