SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in the mountains over the weekend, had an empty parking lot with some slushy powder so i did the only logical thing... snow-nuts.

I set drive mode to "performance" set traction control to "sport-mode" and went for it. While doing it the car tightened the seat belts like it does when it thinks you're going to die.
I did a few donuts then started to drive away. I noticed a fault was set on my car. "ESC FAULT" or something like that. Regenerative braking wasn't working and I couldn't set the car to "Constant AWD" mode . I drove for a few miles till I found a place to pull over. Turned off the car and opened the door ( you know to get a full reboot)

The error was there but cleared itself as I drove away.
What would cause that to happen? ( Besides driving in a circle while spinning tires) Is this something I should actually worry about?

Just to point out I have the T8 and I used to have a hybrid Camry and saw a similar fault on it after working on the brakes. The only way to clear the fault on the Camry was to jumper some pins on the OBD plus and hit the brakes a certain number of times and then start the car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were fairly tight.
I have done them while in "Constant AWD" mode and traction control off without setting off the error. So it might be that combination that did it, but more research is needed. Probably will have to wait till next winter.
Also who wants to live in a world where your car isn't intended to spin in circles on low traction surfaces? Don't you think Volvo heard of the Scandinavian Flick?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts