SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so if you look at the S60 intake where the snorkel meets up infront of the radiator, behind the grill you will notice something that might be fucntional, but makes no sense to me. instead of just coming from the top and down, it comes from over the radiator then down, then recurves up. now the piece that does this is just snapped it.<p>is this piece to prevent snow or rain from getting sucked in?<p>maybe if any of you guys got a camera, you could snap a few.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Re: Snorkel on Airbox (DGBibo)

DGBibo said:
<br>is this piece to prevent snow or rain from getting sucked in?<br>QUOTE]<p>I have always presumed so...

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

It's not that restrictive, but it sure does not provide any ram effect either. I have thought about removing the slash guard at times, but I don't care for car wash pushing water through the grille and directly to the air box.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true, but what if you drilled a very tiny hole in the snorkel to let the water out?<p>and dont our airboxes have a drain? i forget, maybe thats an R.<p>but i do know that my EST has a 1mm gap between the metal on the bottom and where the intake comes in at the bend, which would allow water to drain.<p>another question: so does every car out there have this? if not, whats the big deal.<p>

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

There's a good sized drain hole in the snorkel. A splash of water in the airbox is not a big deal anyway; only if someone decided to take a pressure washer to the town with the radiator with engine running, a paper filter would get soaked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts