SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a lot of you guys know i f'd up my cylinder head a couple months back with a failed DIY timing belt attempt, i've since taken it to the shop and gotten another one replaced and all that jazz.

anyhow, i've noticed ever since the replacement, i'll get loud snaps from the engine bay at start-up/warm-up and cool down.

anyone know what might be the cause?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
where does it sound like its coming from?

is the sounds rotational?

is the belts or pullys hitting something or does it sound like its in the motor?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think its coming from the plastic intake manifold, or at least from that general area.
and no its not rotational, i cant discern a pattern at all
i'll see if i can put up a vid tomorrow

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Best Get under Her and Look and see If the Belt Guard is hitting , could be something loose ?

Seems to come when the Engine is shaking ? - - ( Motor Mount Bolt - check - Tq Mount for Loose bolt )

See If Your able to get to make the Sound - with the Oil Level Stick Pulled ?

·
Registered
484 Posts
my friends S40 T5 does the same thing but only when cooling down and its really loud popping sound. It comes right from throttle body/intake area. He had that ever since he bought it fewa years ago. dealer sad nothing that he should be alarmed for

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My car does a POP sound too right after start up like 5 seconds in. I really think that is my vents opening up or at least thats what it sounds like.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bet there's a turtle in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts